Sunday Morning Rides are Over - Cyclists win. | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunday Morning Rides are Over - Cyclists win.

I don't stay out in the danger zone.

It's actually safer a meter or more from the curb. Cars will entirely change lanes rather then squeeze through, and they tend to avoid rear ending you as well. A few upset drivers, but I can live with that. Being thrown off a bike while doing about 35km/h isn't fun simply because someone wanted to get to the next red light 15 seconds faster by doing 40km/h.

It's actually safer a meter or more from the curb. Cars will entirely change lanes rather then squeeze through, and they tend to avoid rear ending you as well. A few upset drivers, but I can live with that. Being thrown off a bike while doing about 35km/h isn't fun simply because someone wanted to get to the next red light 15 seconds faster by doing 40km/h.
We can agree to disagree then. In a perfect world with a car giving you space, your way is safer. In my experience, the majority of vehicles do not provide the required meter. They hug the line on the left side of the lane and you get what's left.

We can agree to disagree then. In a perfect world with a car giving you space, your way is safer. In my experience, the majority of vehicles do not provide the required meter. They hug the line on the left side of the lane and you get what's left.

That's why like the video. You take the lane and make them move over as they approach you. At 1 meter, they cannot over take you in the same lane, so you force them to change lanes if they wish to proceed.

Although I did have a driver on Sunday try to use the bike lane to pass me on the motorcycle in while in the left tire track. 😑

That's why like the video. You take the lane and make them move over as they approach you. At 1 meter, they cannot over take you in the same lane, so you force them to change lanes if they wish to proceed.

Although I did have a driver on Sunday try to use the bike lane to pass me on the motorcycle in while in the left tire track. 😑
At 1m from the curb, they can and do overtake you. They are a little over the line, cut the required 1m space down by a few feet (hitting a bike hurts them less than a head on with oncoming traffic) and just go. I have lost some of my buffer but still get passed. Either properly take the whole lane (middle or left tire track) or stay far right. I maintain that the right tire track (eg 1m from curb) is the most dangerous lane position most of the time.

8FHTdhf.jpg

Dammit!!

Back
Top Bottom