Summer events and rallies. What do do you plan on attending this year. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Summer events and rallies. What do do you plan on attending this year.

timtune

Site Supporter
With our short season it doesn't take long to fill up the calander and even then you often have to decide among competing events.

There's a number of events we hit each summer for example the CVMG Rally in Paris, Superbike races at Mosport, The GrandBend Festival of Speed ( you can do a track session or play monkey on a sidecar!!) The Good Times Bad Livin rally (formerly the Freedom Machine Rally - Awesome venue and your ticket goes in the draw for a custom bike giveaway)

Just curious what events others are taking in (or put another way what great events am I missing)

Yours truly trying to scratch my lid on the pavement - not even close but what rush! (oops the image was too big)

EDIT: FWIW
Ride for Sight for nearly two decades - Great if you like to party and don't need much sleep
Ride for Sight North (north of the Soo) once - much smaller and felt almost like a family deal
Manitoulin Rally once - once was enough
Bikers Reunion in New Liskard - lights out at 11

Last edited:
With our short season it doesn't take long to fill up the calander and even then you often have to decide among competing events.

There's a number of events we hit each summer for example the CVMG Rally in Paris, Superbike races at Mosport, The GrandBend Festival of Speed ( you can do a track session or play monkey on a sidecar!!) The Good Times Bad Livin rally (formerly the Freedom Machine Rally - Awesome venue and your ticket goes in the draw for a custom bike giveaway)

Just curious what events others are taking in (or put another way what great events am I missing)

Yours truly trying to scratch my lid on the pavement - not even close but what rush! (oops the image was too big)

EDIT: FWIW
Ride for Sight for nearly two decades - Great if you like to party and don't need much sleep
Ride for Sight North (north of the Soo) once - much smaller and felt almost like a family deal
Manitoulin Rally once - once was enough
Bikers Reunion in New Liskard - lights out at 11
You are correct about the short season, looks like some good events....
I have not attended any event in years, so I am sure I'm missing out on some great stuff...

All SOAR rounds at Grand Bend Motorplex.
CSBK at Mosport.
Undecided about VRRA at Mosport.
WorldSBK at Donington Park UK.

Will likely be at Ride for Sight this year. Been on my to do list for awhile.
It's way better to ride up Friday and skip the giant couch parade (do they still do that?).
ProTip: Sleep with ear plugs. Helps drown out the guys doing burnouts late into the night as well as the guys who start their bikes early in the morning as retaliation.

The Ride to Conquer Cancer bicycle marathon employs moto-volunteers to provide assistance at various locations along the route. A friend and I are going to try that and maybe make it an annual activity. The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation

Self-promotion: Ontario Moto Gymkhana events are awesome. At $90/day, it's the least expensive closed-course activity around. Training classes, open practice, and a friendly competitive series. Ontario Moto Gymkhana

Will likely be at Ride for Sight this year. Been on my to do list for awhile.
Assuming things havn't changed dramatically in the last 6 or 8 years I'm pretty sure you can expect to see:
A lot of burnouts,
Some very nice bikes,
An aging but still rocking live band,
Some boobs and maybe a guy in a thong,
A guy either showing off or drunk (good chance both) drop his bike,
And finally a RIDE program just outside the park Sunday morning.

Back
Top Bottom