stunt and dirt conversions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

stunt and dirt conversions

For context, I believe @bigpoppa is looking for something for adv style riding in Muskoka etc, not looking to be a single track competitor.
For that purpose either of these bikes are good day ride bikes for sure. Either one will make a big adv look silly in tougher trails, either one will be a compromise onroad compared to an AT or t7 etc.
Both will need a seat if you want to ride from Brampton to Pencil lake rd and back.
Neither will replace your Sd (but you already know that).
Also, used wheelsets seem to be always on kijiji for ktm, not so much for a dr650.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

For context, I believe @bigpoppa is looking for something for adv style riding in Muskoka etc, not looking to be a single track competitor.
For that purpose either of these bikes are good day ride bikes for sure. Either one will make a big adv look silly in tougher trails, either one will be a compromise onroad compared to an AT or t7 etc.
Both will need a seat if you want to ride from Brampton to Pencil lake rd and back.
Neither will replace your Sd (but you already know that).
Also, used wheelsets seem to be always on kijiji for ktm, not so much for a dr650.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
In that case, as much as I loved my 690 I'd probably go for a DR simply from the budget perspective.

I have a bit of a soft spot for the old tech bikes especially for low intensity stuff.

I'm starting to talk myself into one.

I've got some time on a friends well kitted dr650. Its a pig in the trails... bush pig is a well earned nickname. When we swap, he thinks my wr250r feels like a toy in single track. Its easy to ride. I'll be the first to admit its no 2-stroke mx bike... but it gets the job done. Its fun on road in sm trim, but its pinned everywhere, and you have to carry alot of corner speed to get a decent lean on; but that's half the fun.

Would I want it for an only bike? No.

As a second bike for an extra $300 a year for insurance? Oh yeah.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom