Stiff soled boots | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stiff soled boots

Baggsy

Site Supporter
It's actually easier for my heel to lift than for the sole to flex. There's also a lot of stiff plastic on top of the foot. As a solution, I'm just going to wear them inside over the winter, and annoy my wife. If they're still stiff in the Spring, I'll adjust the shift lever.

What boots? Sounds like an mx boot lol.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

What boots? Sounds like an mx boot lol.

These ones: Forma Terrain TX Boots | Dualsport Plus

Yep. I wanted something that had better ankle support, but could be walked in. Shoved some pool noodles and cut in half mini tennis balls down them to shift where the cushioning presses on a nerve under my ankle last week. This week, I wore them walking around the block a couple of times, then on the bike today. Shifting was difficult, so I cut the ride short until I could switch boots. I've never had this sort of issue with any other boot. I'll just keep working on them until one of us gives in.

These ones: Forma Terrain TX Boots | Dualsport Plus

Yep. I wanted something that had better ankle support, but could be walked in. Shoved some pool noodles and cut in half mini tennis balls down them to shift where the cushioning presses on a nerve under my ankle last week. This week, I wore them walking around the block a couple of times, then on the bike today. Shifting was difficult, so I cut the ride short until I could switch boots. I've never had this sort of issue with any other boot. I'll just keep working on them until one of us gives in.
Those boots are meant for serious off road riding and motocross. They will never be overly comfortable for anything else.
I bought the Forma Terra, they slot in between the Forma Adventure (zero protection) and the Terrain that you bought (full mx boot). The Terras are a nice compromise.

Like wearing leg casts.

.... Forma Boulder is like wearing off road moccasins

Broke them in, a little.
Also, moved the shift lever way up.
I probably had it too low before.
The boots flex up a little, but down not at all.
The shin protection extends way out, and makes it difficult for most pants to go over the boots.
Right now I imagine it's somewhat like shifting with steel toed boots (no feeling of the shifter).
Will continue to work on them.

Those boots are meant for serious off road riding and motocross. They will never be overly comfortable for anything else.
I bought the Forma Terra, they slot in between the Forma Adventure (zero protection) and the Terrain that you bought (full mx boot). The Terras are a nice compromise.

+1^^^

Terra's are nice boots. I have a pair. They seem to have good protection (haven't had to test it out yet) but I do find they have all day comfort. My old boots were Tech 8's with the little internal bootie. These were also OK but I think the Terra's are more comfortable

Broke them in, a little.
Also, moved the shift lever way up.
I probably had it too low before.
The boots flex up a little, but down not at all.
The shin protection extends way out, and makes it difficult for most pants to go over the boots.
Right now I imagine it's somewhat like shifting with steel toed boots (no feeling of the shifter).
Will continue to work on them.
haha
I actually raced in work boots at shanny way back when lol
they worked better than my MX boots for shifting..

Face it you bought the wrong boot and it's going to cramp your riding abilities.
You're not the first to do that.

Back
Top Bottom