State Farm, Can it really be this cheap? Or are they going to screw me over later? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

State Farm, Can it really be this cheap? Or are they going to screw me over later?

I have been with SF for 22yrs. I have a clean record and my rates have never gone up more that a couple of $ a month.

As to Panici, you might want to call SF again. I remember being told several yrs ago about having to keep my bike insured for 12 mths. Last summer I called them because I want to lower my rates by raising my deductable. They told me I could suspend my collision insurance for the winter again, which I did. My winter payment is $6 a month for fire, theft and vandilism, summer payment is mid $90. I have been mid $90 for at least the last 5 yrs.

You are not lowering your rate by doing this. Your rate is based on 6 months season, so all they have done for you is to let your rate vary throughout the calendar year. Per 12 months basis you are paying the same money. Makes no difference whatsoever .... do the math again.

I just recently got insurance with SF and having a hard time knowing what my rate actually is....:S I was quote $190 then it went to $207 now I received an invoice in the mail for $251 and finally I received my Policy Slips with a breakdown of my policy and premium and now its $380 a month...all within a span of 2 months. I called them and they're going to call me back as to what happened with that. To add more confusion SF withdrew $177 for this months payment??? Where did this number come from now lol.

I'm 22 with a 2010 Gsxr600. Whats the point of a quote if it can't be accurate...

Switched to SF two years ago - 2 bikes; two cars and house insurance. Was a slightly better over-all rate at first. SF keeps sneaking the premium up every renewal though so; time to start looking around again. Not sure what the rate increases are based on cuz there's been; no tickets, accidents or any claims of any kind made to SF.

SF will screw you over, my bike was nabbed from my porch of my house, and because it was a us salvage bike (that sf salvaged) they denied my claim, stating that since it was a salvage vehicle, i must have been trying to pull one over on them.....( even tho this bike was brought over the border, and repaired in the us to 100% mint condition and inspected at the border and taxed based on its mint condition, with pics from Canada customs to prove it)

So in the end, be weary of SF, as they may be good with rates, but will shaft you at any chance they get

not like SF, they have the worst record, and have the most complaints against them.... but sadly since they are usually the cheapest, ppl tend to ignore that fact

SF will screw you over, my bike was nabbed from my porch of my house, and because it was a us salvage bike (that sf salvaged) they denied my claim, stating that since it was a salvage vehicle, i must have been trying to pull one over on them.....( even tho this bike was brought over the border, and repaired in the us to 100% mint condition and inspected at the border and taxed based on its mint condition, with pics from Canada customs to prove it)

So in the end, be weary of SF, as they may be good with rates, but will shaft you at any chance they get
Just got my bike totalled, they not only took care of me really fast but they also gave me a really fair price as a pay off for my bike.

I am not sure what you are referring to but I can tell you that if they denied your claim is because legally there were some ground for it, and I can tell you if an insurance company denies my claim, unless I know there was something fishy behind it, I wouldn't just take it seating down.

Always two sides to a story.

So far for the past 3 years:
The service has been amazing from my agent to home office
I can not find the rates they give me anywhere else
They were realy fair with the amount they paid me for my bike

Let's take into account that every other insurance company has increased their rates every year over the past few years
I have my car with TD and the closest they could get to what state farm offered me was a few thousand higher.

I must admit that SF car insurance does suck, it is high but this is not a car forum.

Last edited:
not sitting down in the least, been in court for 3 years for this so far....

and im telling you EXACTLY why they said they denied the claim... as they said it was a salvage bike that they salvaged, that was the ONLY stated reason

some ppl have had good luck with them like you, if you write off your bike, then they are amazing! but if you have a stolen bike, its a totally different ball game.....

and I had full coverage, and with my car as well....

not sitting down in the least, been in court for 3 years for this so far....

and im telling you EXACTLY why they said they denied the claim... as they said it was a salvage bike that they salvaged, that was the ONLY stated reason

some ppl have had good luck with them like you, if you write off your bike, then they are amazing! but if you have a stolen bike, its a totally different ball game.....

and I had full coverage, and with my car as well....
well I am glad you are taking them to court, it didn't sound like you did on your post. You are right that probably a not at fault claim when the other driver got charged may be easier to deal with than a stolen claim. Good luck

I was with jevco, 1400 the first year on a Hyosung GT250R(24 years old, male, clean record) 900 the second year, then this year they tried to bump it back up to 1300 with no tickets or infractions...

soo i Switched to TD and now I only pay $550 a year.

My advice, check out TD.

I just recently got insurance with SF and having a hard time knowing what my rate actually is....:S I was quote $190 then it went to $207 now I received an invoice in the mail for $251 and finally I received my Policy Slips with a breakdown of my policy and premium and now its $380 a month...all within a span of 2 months. I called them and they're going to call me back as to what happened with that. To add more confusion SF withdrew $177 for this months payment??? Where did this number come from now lol.

I'm 22 with a 2010 Gsxr600. Whats the point of a quote if it can't be accurate...

I got another invoice from State Farm today and guess what it went up again...Sky is the limit.. Its at $493.86 now.

Back
Top Bottom