Shout Out To--Fired Up X Heated Liners | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shout Out To--Fired Up X Heated Liners

Veej

Rode into work this morning. It was -4c and with windchill around -10c.

Commute from deep Scarborough U of T Campus area to Yonge and College. Hit 120 km a few times. With rush hour traffic my commute time is usually 45 minutes to 1 hour.

So tested the Fired Up X liners out today under my Eddie Bauer down insulated gloves, (which are nice but you need a liner or something when below 5c on the bike)

These gloves kept my front fingers nice and warm through the whole ride. Not once did I feel any major discomfort or urge to rip my gloves off to rub my hands together or grab the engine for some warmth.

Just to compare, I rode in yesterday to work as well and in the morning it was 2c and in the evening it was 3c coming home. I wore only my Eddie Bauer gloves with-out any liner and both times I had to take them off and rub my hands to warm my fingers up at the lights as they would start stinging.

Just wanted to put this review up here as an all season rider, my only challenge was the cold that would hit the front of my fingers (not sure perhaps I have some frost bite damage or something but it's always my knuckles that give me discomfort) Over the years I tried many gloves and liners even putting gloves, liners and latex work gloves as the 1st layer on which I would put liners and the regular ski gloves, but my front of my fingers were always freezing. On one of my earlier bikes I even had heated grips but they only keep your palm warm. In fall I put these Motorcycle Hand Guard Cold Wind Deflector Shield but the wind just goes over and hits the fingers head on still.

I got these at the motorcycle show last week, and the owner Jimmy Singh is an awesome guy, I think there are few threads on these on this site as well but just wanted to put my word in.

Just 2 things I would like to see as improvements in future versions.

1) More Heat: I had them at the highest setting (there are 3 settings) but could have done with some more heat to make it really nice and toasty which would also carry through in more colder temps. You can put a regular liner on top as they are thin and trap the heat in more I believe, definitely will try this on a colder day (I did try them briefly last Sunday when it was -7c and they were effective, but the ride was short and the Sun was out in full blast so I didn't want review it against that day)

2) Heat at the bottom of fingers. I know due to battery limitations tech limits, they only have it over the top of the fingers which is awesome and what I have always been looking for. Having the bottom of the fingers even 1" or 1.5" would be nice as I did feel some cold there using the brakes and clutch which are super cold metal in this weather.

Here is the website for anyone who wants to purchase them, they also sell them at some Costco locations.

Last edited:
Hey Veej. It was great meeting you at the show as well and thanks for your review. We take customer feedback very seriously and are addressing some of the points you mentioned. Trust me we are always working on improving our products. Thanks and stay warm.

Back
Top Bottom