Scorpio i1100 Rlink | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scorpio i1100 Rlink

paulf2k

So I just received the Scorpio i1100 Rlink alarm in the mail and was really excited to get it installed on my bike. Unfortunately, I made the error of purchasing the product in the US to save money. When I tried to register it for the online tracking data plan, I found out from customer service that I can't because the GPS signals differ between Canada and US (?) so the device is country specific. Now, my options are to send it back for a refund and lose out on shipping or pay shipping and a $50 conversion fee to the Rlink factory to have it modified. I don't think this is something I could do myself unfortunately. So it looks like I ll have to fork over the money to modify it. Just thought I would post this so that anyone looking to purchase it does not make the same mistake.

I ordered mine from the states as well. What a boo boo on my part. Unfortunately I ordered mine 2 days before you posted this and now I cannot return it. Same deal though, the manufacturer is willing to reflash the unit and put a Canadian SIM card in it for 50 bucks. I sent the online retailer I bought it from some feedback and to post a warning on his website, but who knows if he will. In the end, the amount of money I saved from the retailer I paid to the manufacturer in the end. Hope no one else falls for this one.

Think i might have saved 20 bucks in the end, but what a headache. On the upside, the installation was a breeze. :)

Back
Top Bottom