School with shortest waiting time? | GTAMotorcycle.com

School with shortest waiting time?

britor

Trying to book to get into a school today, i was on the phone with Humber on hold from 3:30pm until the line when dead about half an hour later. I called back and got a machine saying the call lines are closed for the day. Have to wait until monday now.

Humber is closest to me, but really i don't care where i go i just want whichever school i can get into quicker. Anyone know what is the typical wait time from time or registration to when you can go to class? I only have until mid september before my m1 expires, but hopefully can get it done before mid august. So my question is since it's the weekend now and i can't get through to either school, on monday should i try RTI, Sheridan or Humber for the shortest waiting period to get in?

If you're that concerned, call around.
I was in the same boat 2 summers ago. I called RTI in July and they were booking classes in SEPTEMBER.
I called Humber and Centennial and managed to get a spot @ Cent that same week so I grabbed it.

I don't know how anyone can tell which school has the shortest waiting list. It would depend on the number of classes and how quickly they fill up.

You mentioned RTI, Sheridan and Humber. Centennial College also offers classes, as well as Learning Curves (in Seneca's Newnham campus).

There's a thread on courses. HERE

Thanks shoe. Actually i had completely missed the Centennial course from the list i had looked at before. I think they are the perfect fit for me as it's the easiest to get to. Hopefully i will make it in before my cutoff..

Thanks shoe. Actually i had completely missed the Centennial course from the list i had looked at before. I think they are the perfect fit for me as it's the easiest to get to. Hopefully i will make it in before my cutoff..

Good luck and if you can't get a spot in time, you could try to get an extention on your M1. I'm not sure how that works but a few people here have had their M2's extended until they could get their M2X test.

To answer my own thread, thanks to shoe for recommending Centennial, i registered tonight got in for next weekend! Quicker than i ever imagined. It's also cool that when you register you get a student id # and from then on have access to their student website and have access to their other class offerings.

That's weird. I registered by phone and never got any mention of a student number of anything of that sort. Oh well. The reason why I chose Centennial as well was their large availability for class openings. Please post a review if you can after you finish, my class is scheduled a week after yours. Hope you enjoy the class.

When I did my course at Learning Curves they were available for the next weekend.

When I did my course at Learning Curves they were available for the next weekend.

It's all supply and demand. They may have had spaces then. Try calling now. They may not have any. This is peak time for riding schools.

That's weird. I registered by phone and never got any mention of a student number of anything of that sort. Oh well. The reason why I chose Centennial as well was their large availability for class openings. Please post a review if you can after you finish, my class is scheduled a week after yours. Hope you enjoy the class.

I did it online and paid by credit card. It showed next week as well as every upcoming week this summer as available, so i just click on next week, put in my info, and bam.. I got a student id # and then access to a website which shows the course in my list of classes, starting July 29th for the classroom session and then the weekend for the riding course. Hopefully it's not just an automated thing that i will later find out didn't work and that the class was actually full? lol

+1 for online registration. I did my course at Sheridan and was allowed to view available dates and locations. I thought I would have a huge wait back in June when I did my course (registered and took the course within 3 weeks)... looks like it's worse now.

I did it online and paid by credit card. It showed next week as well as every upcoming week this summer as available, so i just click on next week, put in my info, and bam.. I got a student id # and then access to a website which shows the course in my list of classes, starting July 29th for the classroom session and then the weekend for the riding course. Hopefully it's not just an automated thing that i will later find out didn't work and that the class was actually full? lol

Ah I see, well that explains it. I think you'll be fine as long as you receive confirmation of enrollment and a receipt for payment.

+1 for online registration. I did my course at Sheridan and was allowed to view available dates and locations. I thought I would have a huge wait back in June when I did my course (registered and took the course within 3 weeks)... looks like it's worse now.

Yep, RTI location that was closest to me was booked solid until the end of August when I called.

try going on their websites and registering online...it will give you a list of the dates available and how many spots if any...

just on sheridan's website and they have spots available this weekend in burlington (july 28) and brampton as well as the rest of their season at all locations (oakville, burlington, brampton) until the october 13 weekend... www.sheridanc.on.ca

Last edited:

Flameboy182, you should call Registration at Centennial and tell them that when you registered for you motorcycle training course by phone, they forgot to give you your student id#. Hopefully that works for you.

Flameboy182, you should call Registration at Centennial and tell them that when you registered for you motorcycle training course by phone, they forgot to give you your student id#. Hopefully that works for you.

Thank you for your advice.

I just received a receipt from them in the mail and noticed that they did register me as a student in their system. Guess I spoke too soon. All is well now. :)

Back
Top Bottom