SAIL GP Chicago - this June - Summer trip ??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SAIL GP Chicago - this June - Summer trip ???

Ineos had a "fun" practice session. Stuffed it, capsized it, righted it, capsized the other way, turtle, fire. Boo. At least they saved it.

Last edited:
The big ocean boats have taken a page from the closed course foilers....
Put in segments of near shore racing. 25kn on those big boats near shore. ...near 50kph

For all you motor heads who do not grasp the power of the wind.
1200 HP dual hull chase boat that has been retired because it could not keep up.1200hp.jpg

Foil boards have made winsurfing in light wind condition far more enjoyable.
I have winsurfed in 110 kph winds.
In those conditions I don't think I want a foil board.

Cape Horn in the Imocas
we were supposed to see it in Australis. Much less dramatic....nixed by covid :(
Patagonia - Via Australis cruise

Enjoying this tale too
Newfoundland story, crazy experienced solo sailor taking on the North Atlantic in a gale and solo to home in South Africa....then a very cool ending in the Golden Globe ....low tech solo unsupported non-stop around the world. :eek:

Round the World is finishing up ...last leg ...nasty crash ..
Onboard footage from the nail has been released. I haven't seen footage from the hammer. It was close. bow sprit went into the cabin between two crew members. It seems that better emergency procedures are warranted. They tried to notify the other team by yelling and flapping their arms. If they don't see your 60+ ft boat, you need at least an air horn to try to get their attention.

Back
Top Bottom