s1000xr vs superduke GT vs MV agusta veloce | GTAMotorcycle.com

s1000xr vs superduke GT vs MV agusta veloce

bigpoppa

So funny. Back in the day sport-tourers tried so hard to look like sport bikes.

These days, sport-tourers try to look like Adventure bikes.

I just figure adventure bikes have lots of good wind protection so they copy the design

Absolutely no good reason why a sport-tourer needs to have a 33+" seat height.
Now you know how I feel about supersport ergo's as a big guy

Now you know how I feel about supersport ergo's as a big guy

Not the same thing.

Sportbikes ergos do serve a purpose: to provide as compact and streamlined shape to provide as little air resistance at speed.

Tall seats on Adventure bikes do serve a purpose: to allow for larger wheels, more travel suspension in the rear shock and higher ground clearance.

Tall seats on a sport-tourer with street suspension and street ground-clearance and 17" wheels front and back? No purpose.

Last edited:
Not the same thing.

Sportbikes ergos do serve a purpose: to provide as compact and streamlined shape to provide as little air resistance at speed.
and I imagine the clipons help put more weight on the front

So funny. Back in the day sport-tourers tried so hard to look like sport bikes.

These days, sport-tourers try to look like Adventure bikes.
are there really that many?

and I imagine the clipons help put more weight on the front

I don't think it's as much of a weight distribution issue as it is to allow the rider to get into a more aggressive riding position.

Get that chin down to the tank, so you can tuck your head in behind the windscreen. That way the windscreen+helmet+hump of the racing suit makes a nice aerodynamic shape. Arms tuck into the side of the tank.

Absolutely no good reason why a sport-tourer needs to have a 33+" seat height.

amen. as a shorty, I can ride fine even when I can barely touch the ground, scoot your butt off the seat.
but emergency stops, backing up or riding with pillions, would be nice if this trend reversed.

Back
Top Bottom