Rust treatments | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rust treatments

Aznkid2000

Wondering if you guys have some magical ways to get rid of rust on middle parts on the handle bars/head lights housing?

I would think just sanding it with fine grit?

If you want to preserve what's left of the finish, and can remove them and submerge them, you can try Metal Rescue from Canadian Tire, or Evaporust from Princess Auto. If you don't care, then yeah, sandpaper/sandblast. You can also try rubbing it off with WD40 or some lubricant if it's just light surface rust.

CLR - pour it undiluted in a pan and let the parts soak for a couple of days.

magic eraser with a polish. it will come back though, the rust is there due to a split in the chrome

For light rust, my first step is Autosol. That stuff is magic. If we are talking about bubbled up crusty rust, it's on to soaking in evaporust.

I wouldn't sand it unless I planned to immediately prep and paint it.

You can also use some lacquer thinner with a cloth rag on chrome metal parts, just dont go on black plastic or prolonged contact with painted or clearcoated parts.

Wondering if you guys have some magical ways to get rid of rust on middle parts on the handle bars/head lights housing?

I would think just sanding it with fine grit?

Anything that is chromed you should be scrubbing with SOS pads and water. Do not use CLR (hydrochloric acid) on chrome, it will ruin it. If you have items that are not chromed, brush them clean and put them in CLR for a few hours then scrub them clean again, rinse and dry.

Back
Top Bottom