rock jammed in muffler body | GTAMotorcycle.com

rock jammed in muffler body

thanks for the idea, i will try that now...though it is jammed in there pretty good.

LOL did you already take that beast off-road?

I would run a thick wire from behind it and yank it out that way.

You can try to fish some mechanics wire around it, and then use that to pull in some thicker wire or even some small aircraft cable. That should be strong enough to pull it out.

I have some 1/8" aircraft cable you can use if you like. Im all over the GTA most weekdays.

there's very little space for anything to get through...even wire...damn rock was the perfect size to jam the port up.

im trying to detach the muffler body from the header pipes right now, that way i can just take the muffler body to a shop and get them to remove the rock...

blasted thing is very tightly connected to the header pipes...is there anything i can do to loosen the connection from the header pipes to the muffler body...wd40 work?

I bet if you warm up that pipe a bit , the rock will get loose as the metal expands . It most likely falls a little farther in while the pipe is warm then get real tight as the pipe shrinks as it cools ! Other idea would be to use and air chishel to break up the rock.

Last edited:
tried to drill it...half of it came shot out, half of it fell into the muffler body...FML

there are two ports on the muffler body...my friend suggested trying to use a vacuum...any other ideas?

Take the muffler off the bike, then work from the other side?

Heat up the outer pipe and it should expand to allow you to take it out.

Welcome to bring it by over to my house and I'm sure we'll figure it out...

Back
Top Bottom