River Road and Prince of Wales road. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

River Road and Prince of Wales road.

I`m still waiting to go ski ing. Kudos to you for being out there. I`ll keep my sliding to the mountains, Hills?
The lifts will be spinning on Tuesday the 16th.....finally! Enjoy what's left of the season!

However, I'll only be skiing at Hockley this season because I work there and it's close. The protocols in place vary so much from resort to resort and most require a smart phone (have) with a data plan (don't have), in order to complete an online Covid survey prior to access to the property. Buying non-refundable lift tickets online in advance is also not something I like since conditions can change and it's difficult to schedule ski days around my friend's work schedule. Then there's the getting there with friends; can't drive up together, and really shouldn't ride the lifts together if not in the same household.

I'm deferring my 5x7 at Blue until next season so I can hopefully get a full season of skiing for the full price I paid for the pass.

The lifts will be spinning on Tuesday the 16th.....finally! Enjoy what's left of the season!

However, I'll only be skiing at Hockley this season because I work there and it's close. The protocols in place vary so much from resort to resort and most require a smart phone (have) with a data plan (don't have), in order to complete an online Covid survey prior to access to the property. Buying non-refundable lift tickets online in advance is also not something I like since conditions can change and it's difficult to schedule ski days around my friend's work schedule. Then there's the getting there with friends; can't drive up together, and really shouldn't ride the lifts together if not in the same household.

I'm deferring my 5x7 at Blue until next season so I can hopefully get a full season of skiing for the full price I paid for the pass.
It will be interesting to see how many people will go ski ing.. Buying a day pass at full price is not worth it for the short season.
Not the same. I like to get there for first runs. Go inside, have breakfast, etc. That will nor be happening. Many resorts have put in Port a Loos in place on various places at the resort.
Time will tell. Is it worth the hassle?

It will be interesting to see how many people will go ski ing.. Buying a day pass at full price is not worth it for the short season.
Not the same. I like to get there for first runs. Go inside, have breakfast, etc. That will nor be happening. Many resorts have put in Port a Loos in place on various places at the resort.
I dont know. We wont be skiing much at ~$150 a day. Tiny monsters are good for a few hours and sometimes only a few minutes. If I go skiing by myself, blue is $3 more than the local hill and 40 minutes away. From a skiing perspective that is an easy choice. Like to support local and not travel though.

I like to get there for first runs. Go inside, have breakfast, etc. That will not be happening. Many resorts have put in Port a Loos in place on various places at the resort.
I'm the same when I ski at Blue. I get there for first tracks on a weekday and leave by noon. I like to go up there once a week through the season, but after the seven week lockdown, it's just not worth using my 5x7 this year. Fortunately I didn't use it in December before the lockdown, so the deferral option is still open for me.

I like to change in the base lodge, not my car like what is required this season. I don't mind the outdoor toilets, because most resorts have brought in proper heated units with running water. About the only thing I buy while there is a coffee and that's only if I need a warm-up; you really can't do that either because you need a dining reservation to enter the base lodge.

Time will indeed tell if skiers find it's worth the hassle. Personally, I'm only skiing at Hockley this year because I can park in the employee lot at the top, change in the employee portable and ski for a few hours at any time at no cost.

I'm the same when I ski at Blue. I get there for first tracks on a weekday and leave by noon. I like to go up there once a week through the season, but after the seven week lockdown, it's just not worth using my 5x7 this year. Fortunately I didn't use it in December before the lockdown, so the deferral option is still open for me.

I like to change in the base lodge, not my car like what is required this season. I don't mind the outdoor toilets, because most resorts have brought in proper heated units with running water. About the only thing I buy while there is a coffee and that's only if I need a warm-up; you really can't do that either because you need a dining reservation to enter the base lodge.

Time will indeed tell if skiers find it's worth the hassle. Personally, I'm only skiing at Hockley this year because I can park in the employee lot at the top, change in the employee portable and ski for a few hours at any time at no cost.
It will be very different and is it worth the hassle?

Not sure, I think I will skip this season. Which will very much be a first for me.

Never skied Hockley. Locally, used to get the midweek pass at Mansfield. No line ups, great place for breakfast. Not big but what is in Ontario?

Used to get the 5x7 at Blue.

Times are a changing. See what happens next year and hope things will return to normal, fingers crossed.

It will be very different and is it worth the hassle?

Not sure, I think I will skip this season. Which will very much be a first for me.

Never skied Hockley. Locally, used to get the midweek pass at Mansfield. No line ups, great place for breakfast. Not big but what is in Ontario?

Used to get the 5x7 at Blue.

Times are a changing. See what happens next year and hope things will return to normal, fingers crossed.
I'm in the not worth the hassle camp, however, I need to slide down something to keep from losing what's left of my sanity! My buddy and I, (wife doesn't ski) go away every year to NY and VT, but obviously not this year. It figures, Gore Mountain has had the best conditions in years and we can't get there! As for local ski areas, to me it's simply not worth the price to use my 5x7 for half the season, so I'm waiting and hoping next year is back to normal.

Hockley is small, about 250' elevation and has 16 runs. Weekends are usually quite busy, but weekdays you can pretty much ski right onto the chair; this year who knows. We were very busy before the lockdown, but that was the start of Christmas Break and we just had the Front Chair and four runs open at the time. As a Hockley employee we have a reciprocal agreement with Caledon and Mansfield and can ski those clubs on the public days for just $20. I haven't been to Mansfield in a few years and was planning to go this season, but the agreement was not offered this year and then the season was screwed over by the closure by Dougie.

Back to work tomorrow and Wednesday. The conditions should be incredible and if we get the snow that's forecast for overnight I might have to go skiing tomorrow night after work.

I'm in the not worth the hassle camp, however, I need to slide down something to keep from losing what's left of my sanity! My buddy and I, (wife doesn't ski) go away every year to NY and VT, but obviously not this year. It figures, Gore Mountain has had the best conditions in years and we can't get there! As for local ski areas, to me it's simply not worth the price to use my 5x7 for half the season, so I'm waiting and hoping next year is back to normal.

Hockley is small, about 250' elevation and has 16 runs. Weekends are usually quite busy, but weekdays you can pretty much ski right onto the chair; this year who knows. We were very busy before the lockdown, but that was the start of Christmas Break and we just had the Front Chair and four runs open at the time. As a Hockley employee we have a reciprocal agreement with Caledon and Mansfield and can ski those clubs on the public days for just $20. I haven't been to Mansfield in a few years and was planning to go this season, but the agreement was not offered this year and then the season was screwed over by the closure by Dougie.

Back to work tomorrow and Wednesday. The conditions should be incredible and if we get the snow that's forecast for overnight I might have to go skiing tomorrow night after work.
As you say, the conditions will be phenomenal. I might change my mind if I get the bug again. Which is I think how most of us start the season.
Weird start and stop this season. For everything.

However the bike season starts whenever we want it to. That is one thing that the Government can not tell us what to do. YET> Lol.

That was a nice deal with Caledon and Mansfield. Private clubs mid week are ski right up to the chair and ski as much as you like.

If I remember correctly, Mansfield are the only local resort you can ski between the trees. Fun and never busy.

Enjoy yourself if you go tomorrow.

I got the 5x7 for Blue this year 2021. Skied once before shutdown and 5 times since it opened back up. Good conditions but quite busy as the schools are still out and a lot of people not at work. I normally get the season pass at Holiday Valley USA but with boarder shut down couldn't get in.

Back
Top Bottom