Riding w/baseball bag & bats, is it allowed? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding w/baseball bag & bats, is it allowed?

The gap between my windshield and handlebars is a convenient spot to carry long objects

SvQ0Eq8.jpg

I assume the long item is a firearm. In Canada people would be suspicious of you
carrying a firearm. In the USA they would be suspicious because it's in a case.

What are the legalities? If it's in the trunk of a car it's locked up if you took a bladder break. A bike, not so easy.

"is it allowed?" - the answer depends upon your intent. If you are carrying a bat for the purpose of using it as a weapon, then you are committing an offence under the criminal code 88(1)
  • 88 (1) Every person commits an offence who carries or possesses a weapon, an imitation of a weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition for a purpose dangerous to the public peace or for the purpose of committing an offence.
If you're carrying it to play baseball, there are no limitations, other than the secure load requirements noted above.

A lawyer once told me that if you are carrying a bat in your car ALWAYS have a glove or a ball with it. Takes away the premeditation of the assault.

There is no doubt when you're hitting the guy about the head with it, that bat is a weapon.
When it gets to the sentencing part of the trial, there is HUGE, MONUMENTAL difference regarding it being sporting equipment a moment before.
MENS REA

I may have ridden to my range a time or two with a newly acquired shotgun in a scabbard on my back.

Only the very end of the stock was protruding, and I had 0 issues.

Extendo baton...strapped to bike frame and inconspicous yet very effective - as i learned one day

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom