Riding jacket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding jacket

Rocket43

Hey everyone,,new rider here looking for a leather jacket but with a hump. Do they even make them anymore and where can I get one. I’ve checked everywhere on line mind you and can’t seem to find them. Do you think I should stay away from the hump or will it protect me in case. Thanks and the forum you guys are so knowledgeable

Correct me if I am wrong.
The hump is designed for aerodynamics Nothing to do with safety.
If you are looking for safety. Consider,

Back protector.
Air inflated vest.
Riding within your means.
Being an AGATT.
Stay home. However, the ceiling might fall on you.
Just a few ideas.

Unless you ride World Superbike or MotoGP, the hump is cosmetic.
And yes, it's an aerodynamic thing.

He wants the look.

I think they are typically reserved for full piece race suits, which can come as 2 separate pieces.

humps are found on sportbike jackets. You have a sportbike? Humps are a pain in the ass, with backpacks and passenger.

All good points. what’s everyone’s take on the alpine stars fuji jacket. I saw go bikes had a good sale on them.

My experience with A* in general is good but I can’t speak to that jacket specifically. I have a drystar touring jacket and it has been great

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Not familiar with that model, but in general I like A-Stars gear. Have a perforated leather jacket, several pairs of gloves and am looking at a pair of their boots. That does seem like a good price for that jacket - but it does seem sizes are limited.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom