Ride Report: A Newbie's Odyssey to Sanguenay | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride Report: A Newbie's Odyssey to Sanguenay

good adventure ....your iphone 7 can take fine photos
but for whatever reason those you post are tiny.

Your phone is very capable of wonderful quality and shots. I don't know if it is your setting on the phone or the hosting that you chose for them. They are so small in pixels that they cannot even be enhanced ....you might have some wonderful shots still in your phone.

I learned my lesson a while back how important quality is to photos for memories....you have a fine image source. Look at Shane's ride reports. You just need to put your settings at maximum size and make sure they are easily assessible for enhancing...Google photos and other hosting site have excellent editing and enhancement and you can put all your photos up for others to enjoy.
Resize and enhance them. Most of mine are on full automatic. Let the iPhone do its thing but at the largest pixel count.

I think you're right. The problem was probably that they were compressed when I sent them to myself to upload here on the laptop.

I uploaded photos on Google Photos, and they are better (I think).
If anyone's curious, you can take a look here: Saguenay 2020

Last edited:
Great trip report @zbahmer! It was fun to read and experience your first big trip vicariously and your enthusiasm really shines through. Kudos to you for just going and doing it...and solo to boot! I also tend to over plan and overthink things too much...when in reality you just have to go and do it! And look at the rewards you received...fantastic memories and experiences and the knowledge that you can do it!!! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at Oct, 4    2020    12.42.18 PM.jpg
cropped a bit and used PhotoLemur 3 to pop colours a bit just for example

didn't touch this cept for a small crop at the bottom - gorgeous shot.

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at Oct, 4    2020    12.50.31 PM.jpg

Last edited:
They have a waterproof cover! I'll have to be vigilant to put the covers on before drops start falling. My paranoia has had me wrap my laptop and journal in their own plastic bags haha.
Regardless of the weather reports my sleeping bag ALWAYS gets stuffed in a garbage bag before it goes into a saddle bag

Sounds like a Great trip indeed. I can see you're hooked and rightfully so.

Your no water in the morning situation was no doubt unpleasant but it could have been worse. Consider that after two days rough camping on the trans taiga we made a 85 km gravel detour off the JBR to Wemindji. I could barely feel my hands because I'd slept ATGATT on my thermorest without a sleeping bag. It was wet from the previous nights storm. When I needed the saving grace of my electric vest, because both pairs of gloves were now soaked, it didn't work. Unknowingly I had wired it wrong and blown the fuse earlier in the trip.

The only motel in the village didn't want to rent us rooms because they had no running water at all due to town road/water work.
Eventually we got rooms, a 5 gallon bucket, a 2 wheeled dolly and directions to the inflatable water tank the FD had set up by the river. We also got various speculation that the water could be on by 6pm, 8pm 11pm, and 6am. It was nine o'clock the next morning as we were dressed and loaded go when they confirmed it was back on.

As a side note if your room comes with an oscillating fan as this one did you can dry a lot of gear over night having it aimed at stuff hanging on the provide hanger action.

Back
Top Bottom