Retiring my Olympia AST | GTAMotorcycle.com

Retiring my Olympia AST

Hello everyone!

Well its about time to retire my Olympia AST jacket. Having bought the jacket over 10 years ago I thought it was about time. I will say that anyone that is looking for an outstanding jacket and has been great until this spring. Mother nature has tested its ability to keep me semi dry and the jacket failed miserably. Until this year it has been sufficient in keeping most of the rain out and I have been pleasantly impressed with its quality and lets just say it is worn out.

To replace my AST I have decided to look at gortex and finally, after trying on several jackets, considering price, and most importantly fit/quality I have decided on the Klim Latitude. As a mobile detailer I am on the road about 30K per season and need something that will stand up to my busy schedule. I took the morning today and finally ordered my jacket. Excited that it will arrive on Monday.

So now, keep an eye out for my dark blue 1997 Honda Goldwing and my black Klim Latitude jacket. Please give me a wave... even give me a shout out on here if you see me. Looking forward to seeing many of my GTAM friends for this 2019 season. Ride safe my friends.

Had the exact same experience with my trusty 2005 FirstGear summer jacket, she finally gave up on keeping me dry and she started loosing her zipper teeth. Poor old gal.

I already have a nice Technic cold weather jacket so I replaced the old FG gal with a Klim summer jacket. My new Dakkar arrived Monday, I'm thrilled with it.

Back
Top Bottom