Request - Ducati 7mm shim measuring tool and shim kit | GTAMotorcycle.com

Request - Ducati 7mm shim measuring tool and shim kit

Wind Shear

Site Supporter
I’m rounding 32k km on the Monster 796, which means I’ll be coming up on another Desmo service in 4k.
Last August when I did the check at 24k, I rolled the dice that no adjustments would be necessary and lucked out (albeit on the loose side)
IMG_0123.jpeg

I don’t think I’ll get away with that this round. Intakes right on the edge and my guess is the exhaust will have thightened/loosened accordingly as well.

Not sure when I will be at the km’s exactly but almost assuredly before the season ends. Before I reach out to Desmo Times/LT Snyder and order a tool and shim kit, thought I might at least ask here - is anyone willing to sell me a 7mm shim kit and measuring tool, or let me borrow one for several months?

I’m rounding 32k km on the Monster 796, which means I’ll be coming up on another Desmo service in 4k.
Last August when I did the check at 24k, I rolled the dice that no adjustments would be necessary and lucked out (albeit on the loose side)
View attachment 62610

I don’t think I’ll get away with that this round. Intakes right on the edge and my guess is the exhaust will have thightened/loosened accordingly as well.

Not sure when I will be at the km’s exactly but almost assuredly before the season ends. Before I reach out to Desmo Times/LT Snyder and order a tool and shim kit, thought I might at least ask here - is anyone willing to sell me a 7mm shim kit and measuring tool, or let me borrow one for several months?

I may be able to help you out. Will know by the weekend.

Follow up/last call out to anyone on this?
Preferably would like to buy to own.
@Relax any luck?

Sorry, I was supposed to pick up a used 2V shim kit, but only just now realized there are different sizes for the different 2V motors. The kit I was looking at is 8mm for all 2V except 1000 DS, Multistrada, Hypermotard and 07’ and later models, so it wouldn't work for you.

Sorry, I was supposed to pick up a used 2V shim kit, but only just now realized there are different sizes for the different 2V motors. The kit I was looking at is 8mm for all 2V except 1000 DS, Multistrada, Hypermotard and 07’ and later models, so it wouldn't work for you.
No worries, thanks for the thought regardless!

Back
Top Bottom