Repsol motorcycle oil? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Repsol motorcycle oil?

Oil thread. Ugh. Refer to your manual.

They are JASO Mxx certified so they will do the job

Oil thread. Ugh. Refer to your manual.
Apologies, did not mean to start the dreaded oil thread, this question is more about an oil brand than the tech specs of an oil - I have not seen Repsol in the market as much as say, Motul and I am curious as to the experience with Repsol.

Fortnine carries it if you want to feel like Marc Marquez while riding your Honda motorbike.

IMG_9938-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, off to get Repsol m/cycle oil in prep for the (dreaded!) end of season oil change!

(Going for the 10W-40 mineral as the dealer has advised to wait for the 30K km mark before switching to synthetic)

Did they offer any reasoning behind this?
As "they" explained, "this bike typically takes a longer time for tolerances to bed in".
This is an air/oil-cooled motor, the pistons move opposite each other and the cylinders are horizontal (that should indicate the marquee and it's foibles )

We have another Uralogist in our midst?

R9T Pure from 2018 with Ohlins suspension by John Sharrard

( end of the suspense)

I am one of the largest proponents of engine break in... but 30,000k is excessive.
The ONLY reason you run dino oil oil at break in is to seat the rings. It takes 5 minutes to seat the rings. Once the rings are seated the motor doesn't know the difference between dino or synth oil and will "break in" just fine with either

Back
Top Bottom