Removing glue residue from fiberglass fairing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Removing glue residue from fiberglass fairing

darek_dadr

Hi! I bought a used track bike that had custom stickers with previous racers name on it. I removed the stickers but they left a lot of residue, I managed to get most of it off by heating it up and scraping it off but there is still a layer that does not want to come off. I tried wd40, acetone-free nail polish remover, and 70% rubbing alcohol - unfortunately none of it works. My next step would be to try acetone but I'm worried it will take off the paint too. Any advice?

Any pics?

How thick is the paint? Clear coated, I assume?
What about Goo-gone?
Heat gun at a distance? Or some light polishing?

Here are some pictures. I watched the videos but I don't think those methods will work. I should've heated up the sticker before removing it and now I'm stuck with this mess. The only thing that works a bit is heat and large amounts of nail polish remover but it will take me hours to fully remove the gunk. It's hard for me to say how thick the paint is and whether it was clear coated.

IMG_20200526_210536.jpgIMG_20200526_220324.jpg

Last edited:
Brake cleaner worked wonders! There is actually quite a few scratches on the fairing after I scraped it to remove the glue but I will use that microfiber cutting disc to take them out as suggested in the videos. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom