rebel 1100 | GTAMotorcycle.com

rebel 1100

bigpoppa

Its priced well, relatively light(500 lbs for a cruiser is pretty light) has the awesome engine from the AT, and unlike most cruisers, comes with decent electronics standard(including cruise control!)

You can also get an automatic version
Not as sexy as an indian or a BMW but pretty good value

Been watching the reviews and V&H already has a set of pipes for it.

I prefer the look of the Triumph Speedmaster but this has more power and is lighter - costs a wee bit less too.

Honda seems to be slowly getting their mojo back. They went though such a long phase of being the boring bike company, where the NC700 was their proudest achievement. Between this, the Africa Twin (which I'm irrationally obsessed with for no good reason beyond the fact that the one in white, blue and red is gorgeous), and the return of the CBR650R as a practical sportbike, they are definitely getting interesting. Even the CBR1000RR-R is impressively full-on as a track bike, not some warmed over rehash of a 10-year-old design like the other Japanese brands.

I'd never buy one, but I think it looks cool and brings something new to a dull cruiser market. Of course, I never thought I'd care about an ADV bike, either, but here I am doing the math on the AT Adventure Sports...

Honda seems to be slowly getting their mojo back. They went though such a long phase of being the boring bike company, where the NC700 was their proudest achievement. Between this, the Africa Twin (which I'm irrationally obsessed with for no good reason beyond the fact that the one in white, blue and red is gorgeous), and the return of the CBR650R as a practical sportbike, they are definitely getting interesting. Even the CBR1000RR-R is impressively full-on as a track bike, not some warmed over rehash of a 10-year-old design like the other Japanese brands.

I'd never buy one, but I think it looks cool and brings something new to a dull cruiser market. Of course, I never thought I'd care about an ADV bike, either, but here I am doing the math on the AT Adventure Sports...
Iv come close to pulling the trigger on the AT on multiple occasions...

The rebel is well priced and well equipped, maybe not the shiniest cruiser out there but a good value imo

Iv come close to pulling the trigger on the AT on multiple occasions...
I'm thoroughly confused by my newfound obsession. I feel like someone who wakes up one day in their 40's suddenly attracted to men. Not in a homophobic way, just in terms of something that wasn't even on my radar a month ago is suddenly an object of desire. I can't explain it. I've always been a road guy, with minimal desire to ride anywhere near dirt, except maybe to get a trials bike for the pure challenge of balance and fine control. And if I'm honest, I've always smirked a bit behind my hand at the weekend warriors on their fat GS's, kitted out in goggles and Dakar gear (and to be fair, I'm sure they smirked right back at me in my Power Ranger outfit pretending to be boy GP racer).

Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for a Honda in red, white and blue, as I think the RC30 is far and away the prettiest bike livery ever. Maybe it's because Covid has made touring way more appealing. (If you'd asked me last year what I'd get to go touring, though, I'd have said a Ninja 1000 or possibly a Concours 14.) Whatever it is, I know I have zero want for a V-Strom, Versys, GS, 1290 Adventure, or Super Tenere. But I am trying to figure out how to justify an AT in the garage next to the Tuono and RC51. Right now the plan is to wait a year until a few of the 2020's hit the used market and see where the value lies. At least I'll know then if it's just infatuation or true love...

I'm thoroughly confused by my newfound obsession. I feel like someone who wakes up one day in their 40's suddenly attracted to men. Not in a homophobic way, just in terms of something that wasn't even on my radar a month ago is suddenly an object of desire. I can't explain it. I've always been a road guy, with minimal desire to ride anywhere near dirt, except maybe to get a trials bike for the pure challenge of balance and fine control. And if I'm honest, I've always smirked a bit behind my hand at the weekend warriors on their fat GS's, kitted out in goggles and Dakar gear (and to be fair, I'm sure they smirked right back at me in my Power Ranger outfit pretending to be boy GP racer).

Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for a Honda in red, white and blue, as I think the RC30 is far and away the prettiest bike livery ever. Maybe it's because Covid has made touring way more appealing. (If you'd asked me last year what I'd get to go touring, though, I'd have said a Ninja 1000 or possibly a Concours 14.) Whatever it is, I know I have zero want for a V-Strom, Versys, GS, 1290 Adventure, or Super Tenere. But I am trying to figure out how to justify an AT in the garage next to the Tuono and RC51. Right now the plan is to wait a year until a few of the 2020's hit the used market and see where the value lies. At least I'll know then if it's just infatuation or true love...

This year is worse than usual
plus the usual the winter blues I think, I never ride offroad, but lately have been obsessed with dual sports/advs

The AT is sexy, but its also reasonably priced and comes well equipped (unlike the competition)
has a large dealer network, and the assurance a honda badge brings

AT still isn't a bike id want to chuck down mud pits and spend half the day lifting it out of ditches.

they are nice but i'd rather tour on one and stick to the fire roads or similar.

AT still isn't a bike id want to chuck down mud pits and spend half the day lifting it out of ditches.

they are nice but i'd rather tour on one and stick to the fire roads or similar.
Oh, heck no. Not at well over 500 lbs. Gravel roads and FSR's maybe, but not single track. It's better suited than most of the other maxi-ADV bikes to a bit of dirt, but not by a lot.

It looks like a comfy place to sit all day, and would make an ideal Canadian tourer, still happy when the asphalt ends and with mega tank range for when that one gas station is closed in Northern Ontario. I think Zach Courts said he got 334 miles out of a tank on one, which is a whopping 537 km.

Oh, heck no. Not at well over 500 lbs. Gravel roads and FSR's maybe, but not single track. It's better suited than most of the other maxi-ADV bikes to a bit of dirt, but not by a lot.

It looks like a comfy place to sit all day, and would make an ideal Canadian tourer, still happy when the asphalt ends and with mega tank range for when that one gas station is closed in Northern Ontario. I think Zach Courts said he got 334 miles out of a tank on one, which is a whopping 537 km.

^this
Mild offroading is all I would dare do with it

Back
Top Bottom