Rattling noise.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rattling noise....

nanobots

Hey guys, I have a kaw 250zzr, abt 9300kms on it. Anyway whenever I shift from 4th to 5th, I hear a rattle, also in 6th gear. I also smell a mild "burning" when cruising 90+. Another problem is that when im going 60kmh, and pull the clutch, I hear a faint sound of the front brake touching the wheel even though im not touching the brake. Its really noticeable if I leave the bike off and go down a hill in neutral.

Im not sure what to do, or what it is ? I really am broke, insurance + paid bike in cash really f'd me hard. Please give mechanical advice!

starting to really get used to that "rattle" noise now, can someone please reassure me that this isnt a serious issue ?

starting to really get used to that "rattle" noise now, can someone please reassure me that this isnt a serious issue ?

It's not serious.

moovin on.

oh, by the way -have your bike inspected by a qualified trained/experienced person ASAP.
For all we know, it could be as simple as your muffler bearing need to be replaced - but you didn't include a sounds clip?

Another problem is that when im going 60kmh, and pull the clutch, I hear a faint sound of the front brake touching the wheel even though im not touching the brake. Its really noticeable if I leave the bike off and go down a hill in neutral.

Im not sure what to do, or what it is ? I really am broke, insurance + paid bike in cash really f'd me hard. Please give mechanical advice!

Possible warped rotor draging against pads. Get the bike checked out by a mechanic.
If you have any doubts about the bike being safe to operate, park it util you can see a mechanic.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom