Racing/Stunt Charge back in Oct 2010 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racing/Stunt Charge back in Oct 2010

Don't bother wasting your money or your time on a paralegal - just plead guilty and take your lumps.

If you're serious about fighting it, hire a good lawyer.........and it will cost you though. However, it's all part of the perceived punishment when negotiating a lesser charge like 49kph over. At the end of the day, you might be looking at that plus a +\- $4,000 legal bill, $1,000 fine and a modest insurance increase - no small potatoes compared to $500-$1,000 for the paralegal who can only hold your hand and give soothing words of comfort while you get a major ***-raping. You have to convince the crown that your getting a severe ***-raping from your lawyer.

Redline worked for me to get my stunting thrown out of court, heck i even passed the officer that charged me on the white fog line, redline was $2600 and my impound fees were $1300...good luck to you!

And I tend to agree with you. But I don't agree with the guilty until proven innocent, or the judge, jury, and executioner at the side of the road philosophy of the stunt driving legislation.

Well said and worth repeating. Valentin is already paying and will continue to pay for his arguably victimless crime. If you are not trying to help, at least don't judge - that's what courts are for.

I tend to agree, however, the OP states that he was 'clocked' at a speed of 179km in a 60km zone!!!! If that is true... No offence OP, I'm glad if you're off the street.

It truly frustrates me when I see posts like this. Here is a guy, who is asking for advice on how to deal with a difficult situation. Instead of getting advice he gets idiotic commons like "i'm glad you're off the street". Is that what he asked for? Even good people make mistakes, we don't need to hear the opinions of "angels". Have you never been over the speed limit? If you have, then keep your mouth shut. If you haven't, then continue to keep your mouth shut because he asked for advice on how to deal with this situation, not what your opinion is someone going 119kms over the speed limit.

For the record, I have never gone that fast, but one thing I know is, it's not my place to judge anyone. It's not yours either.

It truly frustrates me when I see posts like this. Here is a guy, who is asking for advice on how to deal with a difficult situation. Instead of getting advice he gets idiotic commons like "i'm glad you're off the street". Is that what he asked for? Even good people make mistakes, we don't need to hear the opinions of "angels". Have you never been over the speed limit? If you have, then keep your mouth shut. If you haven't, then continue to keep your mouth shut because he asked for advice on how to deal with this situation, not what your opinion is someone going 119kms over the speed limit.

For the record, I have never gone that fast, but one thing I know is, it's not my place to judge anyone. It's not yours either.

Generally such messages are deleted here, as they offer no information useful to the OP and only foster flaming, but I missed that one.

Generally such messages are deleted here, as they offer no information useful to the OP and only foster flaming, but I missed that one.

And I for one am glad that you do. I may or may not agree with what the OP did. To me, that's largely irrelevent when what he's asking for is advice.

And I for one am glad that you do. I may or may not agree with what the OP did. To me, that's largely irrelevent when what he's asking for is advice.

Indeed...if you don't agree with what he did, don't offer advice!

Redline worked for me to get my stunting thrown out of court, heck i even passed the officer that charged me on the white fog line, redline was $2600 and my impound fees were $1300...good luck to you!

Thats what ****** me off, you paid $1300!....Yet when I went to pick up my bike it was just over $800, I made a phone call to friend that was a tow truck driver for the company that owned the impound lot. He called the office and told the guy there to give me a deal because he was a friend of mine, and I only paid $230 to get my bike out....

Thats BS! They need to regulate the impound price, not charge whatever they feel like...

Thats what ****** me off, you paid $1300!....Yet when I went to pick up my bike it was just over $800, I made a phone call to friend that was a tow truck driver for the company that owned the impound lot. He called the office and told the guy there to give me a deal because he was a friend of mine, and I only paid $230 to get my bike out....

Thats BS! They need to regulate the impound price, not charge whatever they feel like...

When a law is passed with such an onerous up-front consequence, regulating costs should be a matter of course. Unfortunately that little issue was missed.

When a law is passed with such an onerous up-front consequence, regulating costs should be a matter of course. Unfortunately that little issue was missed.

I agree with the need to regulate towing and storage fees for such impounds. As I recall, there is some regulation on fees for the automatic 45-day impounds associated with vehicles operated by disqualified drivers. It should also be so for HTA172 impounds.

Back
Top Bottom