Racer5 schedule for 2023 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer5 schedule for 2023

Sochi

Racer5 opened registration for 2023 and I just got my spot for Continuation Course at CTMP Aug12-13.
On 250cc - double the horses from CBR125 at Introductory1-2-3 :)

CTMP track is also so close to home - no need for hotels and long drive to Grand Bend.

Who else is doing (or planing to do) Racer5 program next year? - post up here.

Cheers.

RDT, not the big track, right? Have always wanted to do a VIP track day, just never worked out.

Reactions: Ash
RDT, not the big track, right? Have always wanted to do a VIP track day, just never worked out.

not an expert on race tracks, but I was told by Racer5 guys that Development track there is very technical with a lot of corners and a good fun for smaller displacement bikes. Remember they do their courses on 125cc and 250cc and you can rent those as well if you completed their 1-2-3 program.

Yup, the Development track is a great track for smaller bikes. The pavement is in good condition and it has some interesting elevation changes. As far as I know, Racer5 is the only org doing bike days on the Development track these days, and that's just for the one weekend in August. I've been doing their VIP trackday thing for a couple of years now, but I would ride there every chance I could get if it were available more often.

What do you say to 600 riders who are interested but not so sure about the introductory course using 125cc bikes?

Last edited:
What do you say to 600 riders who is interested but not so sure about the introductory course using 125cc bikes?
All the skills you learn on a 125 will be transferable to 600cc+ bikes. Trailbraking, body position, lines, etc. would be more or less the same.

I went to the go kart track on a mini bike around 10 times this year and it has definitely helped me when I go to the big tracks.

What do you say to 600 riders who is interested but not so sure about the introductory course using 125cc bikes?

Do you have a specific goal? The intro courses from both Racer5 and FAST are both good to build the foundational skills for riding on track. You can do the FAST courses on your own bike, but to be honest I think that would make it harder to learn if you're talking about a nice street bike that you don't want to drop.

For bike control, I also highly recommend Home | Super Sonic Road Race School using their pitbikes. Smaller really is better. You can learn more about lean angle and the limits of traction (safely) in 10 minutes on a pitbike doing the circle drill than in maybe a whole season of track riding on a bike that you're worried about damaging. Falling on a pitbike is a non-event, since you're already so close to the ground and it weighs almost nothing.

All the skills you learn on a 125 will be transferable to 600cc+ bikes. Trailbraking, body position, lines, etc. would be more or less the same.

I went to the go kart track on a mini bike around 10 times this year and it has definitely helped me when I go to the big tracks.
In the intro course at Grand Bend, you're not trail braking on a 125. You're pretty well flat out most of the time and carrying as much speed as you can (eg. into the carousel).

Body positioning and lines, for sure... but you're not using the same lines you would on a bigger bike.

Its still worth while. Since its an approved course, the certificate counts towards getting a race license with SOAR. Cheaper than FAST.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Yup, the Development track is a great track for smaller bikes. The pavement is in good condition and it has some interesting elevation changes. As far as I know, Racer5 is the only org doing bike days on the Development track these days, and that's just for the one weekend in August. I've been doing their VIP trackday thing for a couple of years now, but I would ride there every chance I could get if it were available more often.
Only ridden at Cayuga and Grand Bend - flat and flat. The elevation change alone at CTMP DDT would make me go for sure too!

Back
Top Bottom