Race gas or Pump gas? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Race gas or Pump gas?

Wingboy

Site Supporter
No! I'm not trolling.

Race has? Sounds like trolling . . .

Interesting article.

Reminds me of when we traveled through India. We quickly learned to always frequent the food stalls that did the most business. That way the food wasn't sitting out in the sun for very long, and you were less likely to get sick. The only times we ended up getting sick was going to the nicer establishments which were a bit more expensive, but less turnover which meant the food sat out longer. Eat where the locals eat.

This story may or may not have anything to do with getting gas.

Interesting article.

Reminds me of when we traveled through India. We quickly learned to always frequent the food stalls that did the most business. That way the food wasn't sitting out in the sun for very long, and you were less likely to get sick. The only times we ended up getting sick was going to the nicer establishments which were a bit more expensive, but less turnover which meant the food sat out longer. Eat where the locals eat.

This story may or may not have anything to do with getting gas.

Since video links no longer work:

--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFTnb4nC-A&ab_channel=CNN

The problem is, gasoline octane is really meaningless to it's combustion quality, it's a knock rating. One gas stations 87 might be very different then another's.

Saturated paraffins and naphthenes (also used to make wax) is common in low grade fuels world wide. Cheap filler for volume but poor octane rating, so, dump Ethanol, MTBE, or MMT to hide the poor overall fuel being sold and get it back to a reasonable octane rating. The ratio between these two and the more premium components (aromatics, branched-chain paraffins and olefins), are trade secrets.

Back
Top Bottom