Pro6-Dunlop Challenge FAQ= new changes inside! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pro6-Dunlop Challenge FAQ= new changes inside!

Recidivist

Site Supporter
I got a few questions lately from a few riders about the class, so here's a FAQ for anyone who is interested. there are also a few changes inside that will improve the class

Q. What is the Pro 6 Dunlop Challenge?
A. The Pro 6 Dunlop Challenge is a SOAR racing class for riders that use Dunlop 211GPA tires, otherwise known as a "spec" tire class.

Q. What's in it for me?
A. Tire prizes, store prizes, and Trackdays. Lots of them!

Q. What are the rules?
A. First of all bikes must be equipped with Dunlop 211GPA tires. These tires can be purchase at the track from Trackside Tire Service Inc or in store at Pro 6 Cycle. Bikes must prominently display Dunlop Logos and a Pro 6 decal. A Dunlop patch must be worn on the rider's leathers. This is a novice class for 600cc and smaller with some exceptions bikes. Riders and bikes must conform to all Novice 600 extreme rules.

Q. What about SV650's
A. SV's and Ninja 650's are welcome to run the class. These bikes must be equipped with a 211GPA front tire, but will be permitted to use a 209GPA 160/60 rear.

Q. How are the prizes distributed?
A. Tires prizes are awarded to the top finishers at each race.
Trackdays and instore discounts are awarded to riders at the end of the 6 race series based on the points collected throughout the season.

Q. Is there a minimum grid size?
A. The class runs regardless of grid size, and riders will accumulate series points based on finishing positions. Tire prizes are based on a minimum grid of 8 riders to earn full prizes.

Q. Can I use the 211GPA in my other racing classes?
A. Absolutely! The 211GPA is a very competitive tire. These exact tires are used in the AMA Daytona Sportbike class by some of the fastest riders in the world. Dunlop has introduced a new HARD front tire compound this year with fantastic results! The 211GPA, like all Dunlops, is also eligible for Dunlop contingency in all SOAR classes, giving you an even better return on an already economical tire with great performance.

Q. What are some of the advantages to running the Dunlop Pro 6 Challenge?
A. Reduced tire cost. If you buy one set of tires for $375.00 and win the class with a full grid you win 2 sets of tires, your tire cost is a mere $125.00 per set, a huge windfall in this sport. Even if you only won 1 front tire and bought a rear to match it, it would be like buying tires at $297 a set. Last year's series winner, Jeff Morrisson bought 1 set at the 1st race of the year, and rode on free tires for the rest of the season.

Q. Last year you only gave out soft compound tires as prizes. If I win, is there any way I can get different compound tires?
A. One of the changes to the class this year is that the challenge winners will be able to choose from the available compounds. The rear tires are soft and medium, the fronts are soft, medium and the all new for 2011 hard.

Q. Are there any other changes to the class?
A. To help increase the grid size, we are allowing BOTT HWT bikes to compete in the class. Lost Era Hwt bikes will also be allowed to compete.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post. Dave

--

Back
Top Bottom