Poor Service GP Bikes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Poor Service GP Bikes

Here’s my GP bike story. Summary......I like them.

I had a warranty issue with my new bike and arranged to ride the nearly 2h from my home to the shop early so they could get it done and I could ride home again the same day rather than let the bike sit overnight and me have to find alternative transport to and from the shop. I also had a few other things for them to do to the bike too.

I got to the store, gave them the keys and went into the waiting area. I was there a few hours. Went to the service desk when called and they told me they hadn’t done the warranty repair as a specific tool was required which they didn’t have and I would have to come back. I was a little mad to say the least. On my way out the store after paying for the other items I was asked if everything was ok. So I told them I live nearly 2h away and that I’d have to come back because of their mistake. A manager came and apologized profusely, offered me a free oil change and arranged to send a truck the 2h there and back to pick my bike up, do the repairs and then drop it off again for free at a date of my choosing.

So...they made a mistake, and made it more than right. That tells me they are an honest business and admitted to an oversight, which is what I’m sure it just was.

............... Went to the service desk when called and they told me they hadn’t done the warranty repair as a specific tool was required which they didn’t have and I would have to come back................... A manager came and apologized profusely, offered me a free oil change and arranged to send a truck the 2h there and back to pick my bike up, do the repairs and then drop it off again for free at a date of my choosing.

So...they made a mistake, and made it more than right. That tells me they are an honest business and admitted to an oversight, which is what I’m sure it just was.

In my experience communication, or lack of communication is key. When you made the appointment they should have known that they did not have the special tool or they should have called you back to inform you of this before you even showed up. Presumably they had to order a part because nothing is in stock anyways, so they should have known a special tool was required to install it. Failing this, they should have asked you if you were going to wait for the repair and when they realized they needed a speacial tool they should have sought you out immediately. Instead, you had to ask for status after several hours only to find out what you could have been told on the phone when you were making the appointment. The service manager did well for you in this case. That said, he needs to tighten up his processes so that this type of thing does not happen.

At another shop I called and asked cost for carry in tire change and balance and was told $50. I dropped of the wheels and returned in 2 hours and was told cost was $80. Service manager called over and after some back and forth agrees to $50 but tells me sternly to ensure I'm speaking to the right person next time when getting prices. Very politely I tell him that it's not up to the customer to qualify people who pick up the phone in the service department. How am I to know if the person giving me pricing is qualified or competant. I suggested that it would be better for everone if his staff knew what pricing was and, if they didn't know, it was up to them to refer me to someone who did.

Back
Top Bottom