Pennsylvania one day ride - Sunday, August 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pennsylvania one day ride - Sunday, August 4

BlueVFR

Site Supporter
We are going for a joy ride down to Warren, Pa on Sunday. Will most likely leave around 8:30AM from Hamilton and come back in the evening. If anyone is interested, please post here or PM me. I will provide detail tomorrow.

Roads are much nicer down South, plus there is no Cottage traffic as compare to North. Was just up at 507 a few weekend ago and the roads are terrible!! The first couple km along 3 starting from 503 are all dirt (repaving) and we had to tip top through it! On the way back down, we hit more traffic than the section of 401 in Toronto!!!!

Weather forecast seems great for now. It will be a go if forecast remain sunny for the day.

Ride leaves at 830 - 900am. Usually back early evening.
The regulars are insured through work.

My buddies and I rode to the Dam just before Warren on Sunday as well. Some great riding down there! I hope you missed the rain. Some new pavement made it a great day. Have you checked out the Kinzua Bridge? Check it out.
Kinzua Bridge State Park

A few buddies and myself were through there a few weeks ago as part of a ride from the Catskills across to that area and back up. We were supposed to be doing the dragon, but the forecast showed 4 days of solid heavy rain down there (1 or 2 of them forecasted to be possibly flooding, which in hindsight when we came home and followed up, did actually happen) so we aborted and did NY/PA instead.

Indeed great roads, but making it a one day trip means you're not going to see many of the really good ones in the Allegheny considering it's about 3.5-4 hours each way to get there and back, more if the border is backed up and/or you hit traffic on the mess that is the QEW. There are times I've been on the QEW that I'd have rather dealt with cottage country traffic - at least you can bail off onto a sideroad somewhere and find a creative backroads way home. Not a lot of options on the Toronto to Niagara stretch when you're already time crunched.

If it were me I'd book a cheap motel somewhere and make at least an 2 day trip out of it.

A few buddies and myself were through there a few weeks ago as part of a ride from the Catskills across to that area and back up. We were supposed to be doing the dragon, but the forecast showed 4 days of solid heavy rain down there (1 or 2 of them forecasted to be possibly flooding, which in hindsight when we came home and followed up, did actually happen) so we aborted and did NY/PA instead.

Indeed great roads, but making it a one day trip means you're not going to see many of the really good ones in the Allegheny considering it's about 3.5-4 hours each way to get there and back, more if the border is backed up and/or you hit traffic on the mess that is the QEW. There are times I've been on the QEW that I'd have rather dealt with cottage country traffic - at least you can bail off onto a sideroad somewhere and find a creative backroads way home. Not a lot of options on the Toronto to Niagara stretch when you're already time crunched.

If it were me I'd book a cheap motel somewhere and make at least an 2 day trip out of it.
Two days for sure is the way to go. All kinds of great roads near Dubois/Punxsutawney PA. Comfort suites in Dubois is awesome (I have stock).

We have done everything from NY all down to the Smoky Mountains. Pa, VA and WV is just like a backyard ride these days!!!

Yes, been to the Bridge many times already. So is the Hyner State Park and had great pictures.

My buddies and I rode to the Dam just before Warren on Sunday as well. Some great riding down there! I hope you missed the rain. Some new pavement made it a great day. Have you checked out the Kinzua Bridge? Check it out.
Kinzua Bridge State Park
[/QUOTE

Back
Top Bottom