Parking | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking

awdsome

OK this must be a VERY newb question. I tried searching it but no dice.

mmm...Where do I park my bike at malls?
Do I just prk it in a regular car spot? or should i put it ner wall on the sidwlk away from pedestrian?

OK this must be a VERY newb question. I tried searching it but no dice.

mmm...Where do I park my bike at malls?
Do I just prk it in a regular car spot? or should i put it ner wall on the sidwlk away from pedestrian?

park in a normal spot just like a regular car. I'd stay further back in the spot (so people see the rear tire closer to the lane and not fly into a spot expecting it empty and wrecking your bike).

bigger question I have, also on parking is : kickstand vs Asphalt or gravel/stone driveways. Any tips what to look for? Asphalt is only an issue when its super hot and soft correct?

Like Bugs says park a foot or two from the aisle so that cars can see you and not back into you trying to get into your spot.

If you park on the sidewalk or on the lines, you can get a ticket. At some places you should park in the less popular spots, because people will move your bike out of a spot to take it with their cage.

For the kickstand use a squashed pop can or an electrical plate, asphalt can start cold and heat up as the sun rises, so best to put it under the kickstand early.

OK this must be a VERY newb question...Where do I park my bike at malls?
?

A legitimate question and one I'm glad you asked. I never thought about about how close I parked to the isle while in a parking spot before. I will now.
Also, I had never noticed 'motorcycle' parking at Limeridge Mall before until an acquaintance pointed it out to me.

Scarborough Town Center, you can park on the side near TD Canada Trust where the drop off pick up area is. I asked the security guard on duty. At Fairview Mall, I parked in front of the big pot on the left side in the entrance to go to the theatres. I got a ticket for parking in a fire route. :mad: My suggestion, ask security if you can park on the sidewalk. Prefer to have it recorded just in case.

Awdsome, You can pick up a kickstand puck for your bike to keep it from sinking into hot asphalt. They're small enough that they can fit in the tail of your bike, or in your pocket.

At some places you should park in the less popular spots, because people will move your bike out of a spot to take it with their cage.

Seriously?! If I caught someone moving my bike I'd kick them in the junk!

Awdsome, You can pick up a kickstand puck for your bike to keep it from sinking into hot asphalt. They're small enough that they can fit in the tail of your bike, or in your pocket.

Seriously?! If I caught someone moving my bike I'd kick them in the junk!

And probably get an aggravated assault charge.

another place to park is the islands between car areas.

moving a bike that isnt yours like that does qualify as auto theft also makes them liable for any damage and good luck to that person proving it wasnt them moving it

at malls i try to park in dead space areas, you can risk a ticket but i don't know anyone that has has one.

Anywhere really, as long as you ain't blocking the sidewalk

beside other bikes without tickets on them already. :cool:

Then you know where not to park next time. I've never had in issue.. but if I am unfamiliar with a lot, I go with parking spot or small island in the lot. STC usually has a bunch of bikes on the island between the Moxie's and Famous Players, where sport check used to be.

Back
Top Bottom