PAIR Valve. | GTAMotorcycle.com

PAIR Valve.

Shakkari

I have a 2003 Honda VTX 1300. Some occasional deceleration popping and backfire. Planning to get rid of the PAIR valves and blocking them with the blocking kit. Has anyone tried it or any thoughts. EBay has the kit but are there any stores here (GTA) who might carry them. Thanks.

On most sport bikes you can test by simply blocking/plugging the pair vacuum hose coming from the air box. Use a rubber end cap or stuff a marble in the hose, test drive for effect; leave it that way permanently if you don't care about the actual pair valves still sitting there.

Can't be too different for the VTX?

Last edited:
On most sport bikes you can test by simply blocking/plugging the pair vacuum hose coming from the air box. Use a rubber end cap or stuff a marble in the hose, test drive for effect; leave it that way permanently if you don't care about the actual pair valves still sitting there.

Can't be too different for the VTX?
I will test it by blocking the vacuum hose. I have read that leaving it there permanently causes condensation eventually leading to white smoke through the exhaust and other gurgling sounds.

Back
Top Bottom