Paint chipping off Frame | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paint chipping off Frame

sburns

Since I have my bike all apart and was cleaning up all the muck built up just under the primary, I've noticed some paint is flaking off the frame. Is this something I should repair or be cocerned about. If so how do I repair it?

If it is in a non-visible area or you are not worried about appearance, remove all loose paint, clean and touch up.
or just leave it if you have no concerns about rust etc.
Either way nothing to be overly concerned about.

If it is in a non-visible area or you are not worried about appearance, remove all loose paint, clean and touch up.
or just leave it if you have no concerns about rust etc.
Either way nothing to be overly concerned about.
I found HD sells a frame touch up pen, I just bought one.
Also the HD faithful seem to use Rust-Oleum, might pick up a can of this:
It's in a non visuable area, under the bike, but it's does get a lot of expousure to the elements might as well protect whats there.

I found HD sells a frame touch up pen, I just bought one.
Also the HD faithful seem to use Rust-Oleum, might pick up a can of this:
It's in a non visuable area, under the bike, but it's does get a lot of expousure to the elements might as well protect whats there.
This is common for frames on all makes and models. I clean with mineral spirits or acetone then squirt on the $7/can Tremclad/Rustoleum/ArmourCoat (I believe they are all the same product) from a rattlecan -- you don't need the autoblend. If there is rust, you can hit it with a scotch pad first.

This is common for frames on all makes and models. I clean with mineral spirits or acetone then squirt on the $7/can Tremclad/Rustoleum/ArmourCoat (I believe they are all the same product) from a rattlecan -- you don't need the autoblend. If there is rust, you can hit it with a scotch pad first.
Excellent, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom