only a few days in japan? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

only a few days in japan?

In Tokyo overnight on the way to Toronto direct - been too many years to count since I'v been to Narita...what monster.

Are you still there?

Make sure you go to Sushi Kyotatsu in Terminal 1. We were just there and it was surprising how good the sushi was. Well, actually, it wasn't surprising. Sushi in Japan, always amazing - even in the airport!

IMG_20230228_153226-X2.jpg

IMG_20230228_151943-X2.jpg

IMG_20230228_151420-X2.jpg

Arrived yesterday afternoon and not sure which sushi place I hit but had a good if expensive feed - with miso soup ...forgot to use the chopsticks pillow. Decent ginger supply and very sharp... take my breath away.. wasabi. Eyes were watering.
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at Jun, 20    2023    5.50.15 AM.jpg
Not sure if you can identify the restaurant. Name not posted on the CC receipt online
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at Jun, 20    2023    5.50.28 AM.jpg
Remember enjoying the amazing fake food displays ...Terminal 1 did not disappoint.
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at Jun, 20    2023    5.52.31 AM.jpg
looks like a shabu shabu place.
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at Jun, 20    2023    5.58.24 AM.jpg
I do like that style of leisurely eating but not so enjoyable on my own ....never liked travelling solo except motorcycle.

I'll plan a bit more on my return in Sept - was a bit overwhelmed and tired at short stay ..hotel food was marginal at best partially my own timing.....too late for both the evening and breakfast buffet so picked over and no inclination to go elsewhere :(
Narita is such a monster now ....last time I was there was 1982 and Terminal One is a giant mall now. :eek:

Got a lounger to relax in at the gate and the Dreamliners are comfortable. Listened to audio book, watch The Fabelmans - highly recommended - and arrived more refreshed than other trips.

Now to chase a scoot to ride. Have given up on riding in Japan for now and rather put very limited money on something that works here in Canada.

alright im off to japan in a few days! i am now riding for about 5 days during my trip. seems like its still hot as **** over there! god damnit!

I'm late to the party, so how did this turn out for everyone?

Just a heads up, no riding up Mt.Fuji in the summer. Doesn't open for private vehicles till late Sept/Early Oct.
My 1st trip to Japan I only caught very fleeting glimpses of Mt.Fuji. It was a huge bummer for me.
Second trip I could see it in all it's glory but it's not as easy to spot as you think. The surround terrain means it's usually obscured.

lol! I still struggle with Gairaigo (Japanese loan words) It even took me longer than I care to admit that Haioku was just High Octane with a Japanese accent.

Both directions on Izu Skyline are great. Tbh it's twisty enough you won't be gawking too much at Mt.Fuji, and as I said above, it's usually hiding behind clouds or the terrain around you.
Izu skyline is a toll road but it only accepts CASH. (like a lot of Japan actually) So when you get to the toll booth you have to tell the attendant the name of the exit on the Skyline you will be taking and they will charge you accordingly.

I made a vid awhile ago to help foreigners because it can be a bit intimidating if you don't know what to expect.
There is a nice little parking lot before the Kameishi exit that you can stop at.

Also just north of the Izu Skyline is a great little spot to stop and hang out. Usually full of bikers and cool cars. Inside the building is a great little restaurant called the Damntrax that has good food.

awesome. thanks. missed this when it was posted!

First day over!

Made it out of Tokyo/odaiba area. It was confusing as hell haha. Should have taken 45 min-hour but it definitely took me 2 hours to finally get out. Kept missing turns and being unsure of which turns were allowed or not allowed especially when there no lights involved.

Have lots more photos but here’s just a few while I was heading up north of Tokyo, going through some onsen towns like Ikaho and Kisatsu.

2e591bb89eba642628b8ea0642618c1a.jpg

16cc5eafd7c84a55c7e05f88277642b2.jpg

Rented a tiny cute Honda GB350. I think besides Japan and India I don’t think anyone else has it yet. Pretty bike!

I regret not bringing my go pro haha. I don’t think I’ve hit the more scenic areas yet but riding mountainside was gorgeous. Going through some of those roads that cut straight into the mountain was sick.

The delay out of Tokyo meant I was coming in rather late to my next hotel and I will NOT do that again haha. It got dark early and riding through mountains with literally no light but your own beam was kinda ****** feeling and legitimately scary (for someone who mostly just rides in the city).

Also in the city you get constant reminders due to other vehicles about staying on the left lane. Out in the more rural areas I definitely had a few lapses and completely forgot. Will probably get better though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome! Post more pictures when you get a chance.

Also post pictures of food, please! :D

Oh you don’t want me to do that lol. I am easy to please. 711 and makudonarudo lol. Shrimp McNuggets is hilarious and had to try it.

Some other things I’ve had more worthy of food photo :

9f56dd5d313377f56e5df98725f8b10a.jpg

This thing was soo good. Inside is shrimp, scallops and vegetable. Had it at the port of Numazu.

52f70d30ed4347a9cb588142a215f7d8.jpg

Had a set dinner at a hotel in dogashima. I did not expect live abalone though and watching it getting killed in front of me was ehhh. Then again I’m eating mcdees and factory farming is way worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom