ok, which brand of kevlar jeans offers the best protection | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ok, which brand of kevlar jeans offers the best protection

Velocity Sportsgear had a group buy a bit ago for jeans. The sample was well made with soft armor. I'm waiting and looking forward for the order to come in still so I can get my pair!
Just ordered a pair from Velocity this week. Got to love that you can get custom made jeans for a better price than off the shelf stuff in stores...plus his has armor not just kevlar.

You should also look at Sliders brand kevlar pants. They come in jeans and cargos. I have a pair of their jeans with armor and I like them. The armor may very well fall out of place should I have an accident but that can be said about any pant. It's better to wear your armor strapped to your leg.

As far as I know you can only get them through http://www.compacc.com/ and they don't ship to Canada.

Just bought a pair of BullIt jeans from Royal. Was going to go with Sartso but apparently their slim style jeans got messed up in manufacturing and are on extended back order. Rider's Choice only have the standard straight cuts and they're hella loose fit, makes my *** look huge. :snorting:

Went with BullIt as it has a slimmer boot cut and no stitching around the knees (I hate riding pants that look like riding pants with stitching visible around the knees and thighs) even though it has pocket for armor. Do find the material not as soft as Sartso jeans and a bit too "boot" for my liking so may still go for a pair of Sartso next year.

If I want good armor coverage I'd wear my JR overpants. Riding jeans are good for daily commute.

I bought a pair of Shift Torque jeans and have been impressed. Really comfortable and has extra Kevlar reinforcement where needed. Runs for $100 at your local motorcycle stores. But you can buy them online for cheaper.

[video=youtube;8Wx7yu85s8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wx7yu85s8E[/video]

I don't own any Kevlar or reinforced pants, but I do wear armour on my legs almost everytime I ride (unless I'm feeling squiddish)

They're Dainese pads; got 'em at Rider's choice for $75 a few years ago, and they're great. I liked them so much I bought another set for down-hill mountain biking, and they've been crashed a few times with no issues.

Just tried to access Velocity thru my 'droid phone and I'm getting an error when I try to pass thru to the Canadian link.Anyone else having probs or just me n my phone :( ?
Just ordered a pair from Velocity this week. Got to love that you can get custom made jeans for a better price than off the shelf stuff in stores...plus his has armor not just kevlar.

I think its cause he is upgrading his site so that you can do custom orders on line. His name is Jimmy and his number is 905 461 9241. Had to call him the other day cause I couldn't get the address off the web site.

Just tried to access Velocity thru my 'droid phone and I'm getting an error when I try to pass thru to the Canadian link.Anyone else having probs or just me n my phone :( ?

Excellent! Gonna Google images search too in the meantime and see what might still be viewable online :).Would love to support the local community in my hunt for Kevlar jeans, lol!
I think its cause he is upgrading his site so that you can do custom orders on line. His name is Jimmy and his number is 905 461 9241. Had to call him the other day cause I couldn't get the address off the web site.

Not sure if you'll get any images in a google search... do a search here.

I'll see if I can find some pics for you.

Excellent! Gonna Google images search too in the meantime and see what might still be viewable online :).Would love to support the local community in my hunt for Kevlar jeans, lol!

i found bohn armor pants pretty useless. they move around on impact. have switched to Knox strap on knee armour. MUCH better than Bohn Armor.

I agree with above. I use Draggin jeans with Knox Knee armour (strap on type). If I recall correctly when I purchased my draggin Jeans the Knox (CE approved strap on type - not the inserts) also came with the jeans.

Back
Top Bottom