Oh look - bold new graphics ! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oh look - bold new graphics !

BMW wants WorldSBK wins (reason behind the above). So does Ducati (see 2023 updates to Panigale V4R). Kaw-Yam-Hon need to up their game. Suzuki isn't in it. They have supported roadracing in other ways, but the motivation for making something like that ^ isn't there.

They tried to get out of marine here in North America back around 2007/2008. OMC had been selling Suzukis as rebadged Johnsons, then BRP bought OMC and killed the deal. Suzuki was stuck so they stayed. Worldwide they sell a lot of outboards.
Slightly off topic but I read where a guy picked the DRZ for his RTW trip because that motor is used in their outboards and parts would be plentiful. Is that true? Does a big chunk of the basic DRZ lump make up an outboard motor?

Slightly off topic but I read where a guy picked the DRZ for his RTW trip because that motor is used in their outboards and parts would be plentiful. Is that true? Does a big chunk of the basic DRZ lump make up an outboard motor?
I'd have serious doubts for a whole host of reasons but it's an interesting concept. When I get time, I'll try to pull up the parts fiche for DRZ 400 and a 20-25 hp suzuki outboard. It's a strange size outboard and definitely won't be one of the most common worldwide (but if true it may provide easier parts access).

Back
Top Bottom