Off Road speed limits. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Off Road speed limits.

gaihosa

Are there enforced speed limits off road? If for example I was to stud my tires and ride a frozen lake at 200 kph would that be a traffic act offence? Maybe an offence for another act?

Trails have speed limits (and often pretty damn low ones). Afaik, no speed limits on a lake in Ontario. If you're doing something really dumb, I am sure they could hit you with careless or dangerous as there are no fences between you and a road so you could conceivably end up on a road. As long as you are far from others and don't run someone over, I wouldn't expect a ticket on a lake. I wouldn't be too excited about 200 kph on studs, I suspect that will be squirrely and terrifying. Some people set up ice tracks and race though and that looks like a ton of fun.

Trails have speed limits (and often pretty damn low ones). Afaik, no speed limits on a lake in Ontario. If you're doing something really dumb, I am sure they could hit you with careless or dangerous as there are no fences between you and a road so you could conceivably end up on a road. As long as you are far from others and don't run someone over, I wouldn't expect a ticket on a lake. I wouldn't be too excited about 200 kph on studs, I suspect that will be squirrely and terrifying. Some people set up ice tracks and race though and that looks like a ton of fun.
Well my goal was to boot down a river and record it to post later on so therefore it could be traceable back to me. Seems like the sleds are booting along the rivers with no regard to speed. Thank you for the info.

Back
Top Bottom