Now got disclosure, what next? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Now got disclosure, what next?

slogan

Well, I received the disclosure, where opp's notes are pretty detailed. What should I do?

Well, the question is, that there is a lot of words in disclosure: they attached OPP's CV with about four pages of his special courses on how to catch fellow riders on the LIDAR, plus standard Radar testing procedure, plus OPP's notes on the day...

:confused: 1. I cannot understand, which Radar did OPP exactly use
:confused: 2. I don't see what actions did OPP performed to test the radar (the standard description doesn't mean that he did it)
:confused: 3. I am still suspicious about possible radar errors, which I could appeal to. There was a terrain issue (OPP was hidden on perpendicular side road about 2-3 meters elevated over Hwy7, and the Hwy7 itself has the elevation change at this spot; there was tight traffic in the right lane, which was the closest to OPP - I was in passing lane)
:confused: 4. Can I appeal to the traffic speed?
:confused: 5. I really don't know, what did it happen on that moment... :sad1:

Thanks for advice, if any...

Slogan:toothy9:

Last edited:
If there is any additional information you feel is missing, that The Crown could have provided, then your best next step would be to submit an additional request for information and specifically mentioning that additional information.

1) Ask them.

2) Ask them.

3) An angle, when taking the reading, only works against you as it will report a lower speed than actual.

4) I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

5) Horizontal movement, on a steady throttle, will not appreciably increase the speed measured by the officer. As he is already at a slight angle to you, the difference in measured velocity is negligible. Not unless you made a countersteered change fast enough, that it would throw you off the road.

4) I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
Well, I mean that I was all the time following the traffic speed. When the one lane divided into two, I got to the passing lane ... I started dropping the speed, but than I saw that OPP was going down from a sideroad with his flashing lights, so he got me already.
And the speed he said me was way too high!
So, finally, I'm not sure if that was the true...

Then OPP gone to his car to make his notes. In his notes he posted both numbers...

Last edited:
He's not required to show you the RADAR reading, anyway, so you aren't likely to have been shown it.

As to the speed; the last speed regulation sign is the one in force. If the last one you saw said "50" then, even if it doesn't make sense for the type of road you're on, that's the applicable speed limit.

Last edited:
It was Hwy7 with 80 zone. Everybody was going a bit plus (as ever).
the OPP said much more than this.

PS:
And... thanks Rob for your answers, they giving me some idea how to build my defense.

Last edited:
Unfortunately your statement, that you were slowly passing the other vehicle, will invalidate a claim that you were going "speed of traffic." At any rate that would only perhaps get a fine reduction, not a reduction in points. It sounds like you have to hope for a procedural dismissal, for reasons like the cop not showing up. Read through the sticky post though.

Hey! that's me again.

I sent a request for additional information pointing that they did not provide the type and model of the speed detecting device used by OPP on the day of offense neither procedure performed by OPP while testing the device. I asked to provide me the info by certain date, because my trail date is very close, but still have no response.
Can this be enough argument to shift the trail date?
Well, the thing is that the trail date was set to be in 3 month after the offense date and it is only less than 2 month after the date I received their official letter. 6-7 weeks is a very tight period guess.

If the information isn't provided by the time that you go to court then the best you can likely do, is move for a new trial date to give you time to study the new information. If they haven't brought the information with them then you could try moving for dismissal, but you're unlikely to get it. If the trial came up that quickly, then a Charter 11b move is also out.

what does it mean?

11. Any person charged with an offence has the right

(a) to be informed without unreasonable delay of the specific offence;
(b) to be tried within a reasonable time;
(c) not to be compelled to be a witness in proceedings against that person in respect of the offence;
(d) to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal;
(e) not to be denied reasonable bail without just cause;
(f) except in the case of an offence under military law tried before a military tribunal, to the benefit of trial by jury where the maximum punishment for the offence is imprisonment for five years or a more severe punishment;
(g) not to be found guilty on account of any act or omission unless, at the time of the act or omission, it constituted an offence under Canadian or international law or was criminal according to the general principles of law recognized by the community of nations;
(h) if finally acquitted of the offence, not to be tried for it again and, if finally found guilty and punished for the offence, not to be tried or punished for it again; and
(i) if found guilty of the offence and if the punishment for the offence has been varied between the time of commission and the time of sentencing, to the benefit of the lesser punishment.

For my request for additional information, I received only 2 cover pages, one is for SpeedLaser: User's Guide, the second is Speed Laser: User's Manual (P/N 40150-W1; For version 4.66 and above).

Is it just their misstake or they really try to get rid of my requests without giving the answer?

Giving you those pages tells you part of what you asked; the model of speed measurement unit. The specifics of the testing procedure are largely immaterial. What you want to know is if it was performed.

Yes, this is a question if the correct testing procedure has been performed!

Other question:
What should be the reason to shift the trail date. I feel a bit uncomfortable to go there next week, I am not ready yet.

Last edited:
Yes, this is a question if the correct testing procedure has been performed!

Because, I am analyzing the situation, and I totally disagree with the number the OPP said to me and has written in the ticket. It is unpossible, because if I would go 25 over the traffic speed, I would be passing everyone pretty quickly, which did not have place. I even did not pass the bike, which was in front of me, when there where the sole line.
It more looks to me, that OPP was cheating.

Other question:
What should be the reason to shift the trail date. I feel a bit uncomfortable to go there next week, I am not ready yet.

It's actually quite possible that you wouldn't be passing other people very quickly, given that police rarely ticket until you're above 10 Kmh over the limit.

If you only recently received your supplementary disclosure, or haven't received it yet, you could cite either as a possible reason for delay. Two things though; you aren't guaranteed of receiving that delay and any time from that delay cannot be counted toward a 11b filing.

Back
Top Bottom