new to stunting (setup recommendations) | GTAMotorcycle.com

new to stunting (setup recommendations)

MIKERR

Hey guys, I've been riding for a while and im at a point where I want to start stunting. Ive done a bit of research and have got an idea of how to get my bike setup. I'm looking for some suggestions and recommendations.
The bikes an 02 F4i and Im adding a SI cage and Damper (already have it anyways).
Im thinking of putting in a round bar, from what i see a lot of guys get injured with flat bars. How does that sound as an initial setup? Do most guys start by putting subframe cages? Im also thinking of changing up to some inverted forks and and some dirtbike bars. Also for gearing should i leave it stock, change to like a 60, or convert to a 520 and do like a 14/52??

Im excited to start and id like some input...

Thanks

IMO, 520 conversion with 56t-60t rear sprocket. First thing I'd do is the clean air mod (saves your motor), then a good cage!

thanks for the suggestions, i have had it on my mind to do the air mod. Only thing is ive heard of instances where some guys did it and ran into problems, have you or has anyone for that matter had issues with it? I forgot to mention ill also sync the throttle bodies, and what do you think about adding in an idle cable? is it necessary?

thanks for the suggestions, i have had it on my mind to do the air mod. Only thing is ive heard of instances where some guys did it and ran into problems, have you or has anyone for that matter had issues with it? I forgot to mention ill also sync the throttle bodies, and what do you think about adding in an idle cable? is it necessary?

If done right there should not be issues. Without it I locked up my motor after the bike got away from me and flipped upside down while still running (I also like to bypass the tipover sensor).
The sync is probably not neccessary at this stage, as you are not ready for any idle stuff? I'm pretty sure your bike already has a long enough idle cable...
You should also get an easy pull clutch lever, that will save your hand from early fatigue and pain!

Ok sounds good, in your opinion how much top end you think I'd lose if I did 14/56/520

I run 15/56 and I think I top out at around 180-200km/h.....With a -1(14) and 56 I think youd loose at least another 20km/h.....Thats a little too much IMO for street and lot....

I run 15/56 and I think I top out at around 180-200km/h.....With a -1(14) and 56 I think youd loose at least another 20km/h.....Thats a little too much IMO for street and lot....

In that case I agree. Would you suggest I use a 16t or a smaller rear?

In that case I agree. Would you suggest I use a 16t or a smaller rear?

Well stock front is 16 on your bike, Id leave it stock and go up 10-16 in the rear....Then if you want more you can always go down 1 in the front later...Thats what I usually do go up in the back only, and leave the option to go down in the front later if required

Makes sense, thanks for the help. So in this case I guess stay on a 525 and don't bother converting?

I always convert to 520 on every bike, I like the look of the smaller chain better. And chains and sprockets are cheaper, and more readily available...Riders Choice stocks the ERV3 in 520, and thats what Ive been using for 10 years....

And Kawis come 520 stock

I always convert to 520 on every bike, I like the look of the smaller chain better. And chains and sprockets are cheaper, and more readily available...Riders Choice stocks the ERV3 in 520, and thats what Ive been using for 10 years....

And Kawis come 520 stock

Oh Johnny, why you so helpful

Back
Top Bottom