New to Motorcycle | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to Motorcycle

He stopped making payments cuz his employer stop paying him so he had no money to pay for it... and he said he didn't remember that i co signed it for him... and the ****** up part is that after he defaulted his bike loan in Decemeber of 2020 and he had asked me to move the bike in Jan 2021... Because his ex girlfriend is moving on with some other dude, and doesnt want to take care of his ****.
So idk, the more i think about this the more I feel like he knew and he just think he could ran away from a ******* bike loan harmless. (technically he still did, while i take all the ******* ****).

We used to be roomates, he is an international student. So he needed someone whose a canadian to co sign him. So stupid me help him. I don't think I will ever co sign anything unless it's family now lol... and quite honestly I think this friendship stops at about $6500 and a tanked credit score for the next few years lol.

But ye, I managed to transfered the ownership under my name just two weeks ago. The bike is not registered? current plate had been expired for like a year and half. and no safety is done.
I called up VOS Motor in Vaughn where he purchased the bike, and told them the situation. They offered me 4200-4500 for the bike, and the service department said if i want to replace battery gona cost me around 400 bucks.

Im doing my training course this month and should have my m2 by end of June. Riding is always something I have dreamed of doing since I was a kid but never really had an oppertunity or dare to do it. And after reading all the comments I think I'm going to make a decesion of selling or not after I get my m2 and see if I enjoy riding.

But looks like getting the bike fixed up is inevitable. Any recommendations on mechanics or shops that won't take advantage of a newbie rider? The Bike is in friends' garage in Vaughn.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and tips.
Much appreciated!
I'm not knowledgable with immigration regs but can an international student work here?

Changing a battery doesn't take a lot of skills or tools. The tools should be with the bike kit.

I quickly scanned for the battery prices and they were more than I originally thought but nowhere near $400. Check for the best deal.

We used to be roomates, he is an international student. So he needed someone whose a canadian to co sign him. So stupid me help him. I don't think I will ever co sign anything unless it's family now lol... and quite honestly I think this friendship stops at about $6500 and a tanked credit score for the next few years lol.
Buddy follow my Grandpa's advice, it works like a charm; NEVER lend money to a guy who doesn't qualify to get one from a bank.

There's a reason why he doesn't qualify, he has been proven to be a f*ck-around.

Not necessarily, but lending money to friends/family can go bad quickly. Better to just gift it and have zero expectations of seeing it again.

Not necessarily, but lending money to friends/family can go bad quickly. Better to just gift it and have zero expectations of seeing it again.
I have a very limited slush fund for such things. If I get the money back the fund is replenished. If I don't the next guy is told Sorry, XXX has it.

Sorry if this is too critical but borrowing money to buy a toy is poor financial planning. Loaning someone money to buy a toy may be worse. When you co-sign you are borrowing the money. There's just a little note scribbled in the corner that the payment may occasionally come from someone else. When the loan goes into default they go straight to the deeper pockets.

The dumbest thing a person can do (A friend did it) is to co-sign a line of credit. He lost his house.

In my 20s I helped co-sign a car lease for my friends Mustang...never knew of such implications back then...
Thankfully he had a good job and never left the country..

Whew!

Back
Top Bottom