New To Forum - Arrow Full Exhaust System For 2011 CBR 125 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New To Forum - Arrow Full Exhaust System For 2011 CBR 125

TwistIt

Hi New Member Here - Tech Question For Experienced Arrow System CBR 125 Owners / Track Riders - The headpipe diameter appears larger than stock how will it affect street ability on the low & mid range torque curve for the little 125 cc . Any input greatly appreciated , Thanks

When we ran the CBR125 race series we just used the Arrow slip-on. It didn't do much (13HP) but sounded nice.
I doubt the full system will be any different, those bikes don't have much low/midrange to begin with.

Hi TK4 , thank you for your response & knowledgeable guidance , my concern with the larger Arrow headpipe diameter on the tiny 4 cycle 125 is its most likely to diminish its current little low end grunt even lower with possibly very negligible if any noticeable upper gains . First asphalt bike for my sister who will be 16 in early summer for licensing . It appears to be a very simple well engineered learners bike with typical Honda fit n finish & factory equipped with an unsightly lol in my opinion 1 piece solid factory headpipe with mid catalytic & muffler all in one . Will take your advice which positively supports my own idea & will simply chop off at the muffler / guard cover & install a worthy length fit slip-on without risking torque loss & spend savings towards tire upgrade . Many thanks TK4 your input is well appreciated .

Just my 5 cents - 125s do not sound good with any kind of exhaust on them. They just get loud. Don't get me wrong, I think the CBR125 is a great bike, but I think modifying it in almost any way is just making the bike worse

Just my 5 cents - 125s do not sound good with any kind of exhaust on them. They just get loud. Don't get me wrong, I think the CBR125 is a great bike, but I think modifying it in almost any way is just making the bike worse
I agree. Hell, that argument applies to a slip on on almost any bike. It gets louder but makes no more power. Some sound better to the rider but all annoy 99% of the people within a few miles.

Little bikes should be seen not heard.

All input & 0.05 $ appreciated , and not to worry guys tread was not started on a mod 125 4 stroke HP build project lmao... but simple swap out to a stainless headpipe & new canister to rid the unsightly stock unit . As for sound decibels doubt they'll be much concern than a few additional insignificant db's as it will most likely require a can in the upper 300mm length to properly fasten to its factory mounting location . Surely the elderly & extreme young won't be terrorized by my sisters ground shaking & flame throwing Evil 125 . To all contributing members thanks for chiming in the tread .

Is your sister asking for the modification? At least make it a clean cut so it can easily be welded back together once you realize how surprisingly loud that motor becomes without the stock muffler. I was shocked.

Hi Relax , ah my sister happy either way but likes the idea my dad says he'll buy a complete Arrow system if it benefits but since the larger diameter headpipe is suspect of negative low-mid range we probably better offer simply cutting the muffler section off , its very simple task to complete his shop is complete with all required equipment for a professional cut & slide a proper length slip-on to mount to factory rear peg location . Not exactly sure on which slip-on yet since not going with the complete Arrow however there is plenty of options & doubt the decibel level will be much as will require a fair size length not a shorty , even my Coffman shorty on my Ninja 300SE aint that much louder with baffle in place . Thanks for all your input its well appreciated .

Back
Top Bottom