New Riders trying to get m1 insurance without the safety course because of covid, impossible? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Riders trying to get m1 insurance without the safety course because of covid, impossible?

BU

BUDDY, I'm in the same boat as you were. M1 and no safety school are open. I have already purchased my bike. I just left her a voicemail, I hope she call me back soon.
She just quoted me with 193/month. I'm better off waiting for another month or two. I'll get my self registered in a saftey course.

She just quoted me with 193/month. I'm better off waiting for another month or two. I'll get my self registered in a saftey course.
193/month for a new rider?

what's your bike, age, etc.

i don't see much savings happening.

193/month for a new rider?

what's your bike, age, etc.

i don't see much savings happening.
2015 yamaha r3, 29
5 years with G. Currently paying 190/month for car with desjardin and they quote me for 117/month with course
TD 58/month but they need course
I'm looking to get training but schools are currently closed and insurance companies won't touch me without course. I explained them that I have registration but No.

2015 yamaha r3, 29
5 years with G. Currently paying 190/month for car with desjardin and they quote me for 117/month with course
I'm looking to get training but schools are currently closed and insurance companies won't touch me without course. I explained them that I have registration but No.
58 per month is very likely an error in the quote. That is way way too low for a new rider in Ontario. 20 years ago as a new rider on an old 450 I was over $100 a month with the course (~150/mo with no course). Insurance hasn't gotten cheaper with time.

2015 yamaha r3, 29
i was mid 30s when i started riding and i had an r3 as my first ride, paid about $80.

I'd say you`re going to pay $120ish after completing your m2 exit.

Your car experience means nothing to them, nor your claims (fun fact). Just keep a low profile on the tickets.

Echelon is pretty competitive for lower displacement CC quotes, i'd get in touch with them.

edit: someone tell me how this guy is paying cheaper car insurance then me?! i swear...

58 per month is very likely an error in the quote. That is way way too low for a new rider in Ontario. 20 years ago as a new rider on an old 450 I was over $100 a month with the course (~150/mo with no course). Insurance hasn't gotten cheaper with time.
Sorry, I lied it is 62/month

Attachments

• 20200515_172923.jpg
    20200515_172923.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 14
i was mid 30s when i started riding and i had an r3 as my first ride, paid about $80.

I'd say you`re going to pay $120ish after completing your m2 exit.

Your car experience means nothing to them, nor your claims (fun fact). Just keep a low profile on the tickets.

Echelon is pretty competitive for lower displacement CC quotes, i'd get in touch with them.

edit: someone tell me how this guy is paying cheaper car insurance then me?! i swear...
That's the plan. I'm willing to pay under 130 for bike.
On car I installed app on my phone for cheaper insurance and scored 99 out of 100 end up taking 25% discount.
I got multiple quote around 220/240 for my car.

Forgot to tell you that they already have Vin on file. I have made my purchase but just waiting on school to reopen
until you have a contract to sign nothing is for sure, but i hope you get it at $60

until you have a contract to sign nothing is for sure, but i hope you get it at $60
Agree.
I hope I get it at 60 as well.
I am a part of concordia alumni and I'm eligible to get some discount which could be the reason but not sure. I know 60/month is surreal in toronto

I got quoted the same and I’m 43 with clean record and have a ktm rc390. I think those quotes on the comp are not very accurate. I’m waiting for the jump when I finish my m1 exit course. Lol

I got quoted the same and I’m 43 with clean record and have a ktm rc390. I think those quotes on the comp are not very accurate. I’m waiting for the jump when I finish my m1 exit course. Lol
seen a few of those overheat in stop[-and-go traffic, just a heads up. love the way it looks though.

Last edited:
Same here. I live up north not too much stop and go. And it will be my weeknight / weekend ride. I’m new to riding so for the little while just short trips together more comfortable with it.

Back
Top Bottom