New Rider Quote | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider Quote

Stryftz

Hi everyone,

New rider in Ontario (or Canada).
So this evening I gave Desjardins a call, first time getting any insurance in general. I'm a 19 yr old male, living near Brampton, and got my M2 last year in September 2018 through Georgian College. With 1M liability and 500 deductible, the quote I got from them was only $1800 yearly ($155 monthly). Is it just me or is that really good?

I ended up just starting the policy because it was way cheaper than I expected and the dude on the phone was super chill ?

advice from an old dude
you've made your decision
stop looking around :)

will only lead to buyer's remorse
and that looks a good deal

Hi everyone,

So this evening I gave Desjardins a call, first time getting any insurance in general. I'm a 19 yr old male, living near Brampton, and got my M2 last year in September 2018 through Georgian College. With 1M liability and 500 deductible, the quote I got from them was only $1800 yearly ($155 monthly). Is it just me or is that really good?

I ended up just starting the policy because it was way cheaper than I expected and the dude on the phone was super chill
What bike ?

Hi everyone,

I ended up just starting the policy because it was way cheaper than I expected and the dude on the phone was super chill ?
That's about as good as it gets, take it and run!

Hopefully this post isn't from an insurance shrill, ya know first post in y'all raving about a deal about insurance, from a company which got data hacked.
But sounds like a decent quote.

Hopefully this post isn't from an insurance shrill, ya know first post in y'all raving about a deal about insurance, from a company which got data hacked.
But sounds like a decent quote.
That would be very rude! Let's ask him!

Stryftz what do you ride, or are you an insurance shrill and just here to spam us?
... because if you are we are going to trash this thread and make it backfire.

I've been with them for the last few years. I have my tuono and F650Gs with them. I have no complaints. In Brampton as well.

19, Brampton, 4 cylinder 600cc full fairing sport bike:

(y) dude on the phone was heavily medicated. Ride safe.

Please be cautious with that weapon, I have only met one 19 year old with the restraint to ride within his abilities.. using your brain is not a strong suit among young males, lol

R version of that bike is a bit tamer than the FZ6
fully faired but still classed as ST = affordable insurance

bike still has plenty of potential to get a new rider in over his head
post up a pic for us OP, and happy riding

Hi everyone,

You were right to take that and run. Thats almost not believable.
I just got off the phone with the same insurer, Desjardins today:

Male, 36, M2 in May, Thornhill, almost 20 years driving experience.
They wanted (liability only)

$5500 a year for an 07 CBR600rr
$2000 a year for 2015 FZ07

You were right to take that and run. Thats almost not believable.
I just got off the phone with the same insurer, Desjardins today:

Male, 36, M2 in May, Thornhill, almost 20 years driving experience.
They wanted (liability only)

$5500 a year for an 07 CBR600rr
$2000 a year for 2015 FZ07
Next summer your rates should drop a nice chunk.

Please be cautious with that weapon, I have only met one 19 year old with the restraint to ride within his abilities.. using your brain is not a strong suit among young males, lol

At ~65HP at the wheel it's not really a "weapon."

Still, any person lacking skills or harboring the wrong mental attitude can get into a heap of **** on any bike.

19, Brampton, 4 cylinder 600cc full fairing sport bike:

Not really a sport bike but..thats a good rate regardless

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Did you pull the trigger on this quote? If so, when does the policy renew?

Back
Top Bottom