new or old bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

new or old bike?

bengali548

a new bike stock or an older bike modified (aesthetic modifications)

me and my buddy were having a debate

i said that i'd rather get an 03-05 model bike so if anything happens its not big of a loss plus i can customize it

he says that aesthetic modifications do nothing other than make other bikers admire you but if you buy brand new you have the most updated technology and youll be able to hold onto your bike for a long time without having the urge to sell it because its old

he also said that girls are more attracted to newer bikes because they look expensive i said that girls are attracted to the colour and how vibrant the bike is. we both agreed that we were both right and in the end of the day girls are attracted to the vibrations in the rear seat :p and the money in your pocket (double :p)

me and my friend both work together hes a saver im a spender so he has a crap load of money where as im broke

oppinions? thoughts?

If ur broke and a new rider then u better look up the insurance costs BEFORE you start your wish list.

The year doesn't matter. I don't like the look of new 2011 ninjas or cbrs (too sharp, fat short heads, etc.) It's all a matter of preference. Technology improvements yes, but as a new rider you will probably not even ride the bike to 50% of its potential anyways. In terms of safety, that's more of less on the rider and the tires.
Many bikes are well maintained throughout the years, and money-wise its very economical to get a used bike that's in great condition. The only possible exception I can think of is a 250, which are pretty close to retail value.

As for dropping the bike, don't be fooled your heart will still cringe dropping a used bike, especially if its well maintained and has no fairing scratches already existing.

The year doesn't matter. I don't like the look of new 2011 ninjas or cbrs (too sharp, fat short heads, etc.) It's all a matter of preference. Technology improvements yes, but as a new rider you will probably not even ride the bike to 50% of its potential anyways. In terms of safety, that's more of less on the rider and the tires.
Many bikes are well maintained throughout the years, and money-wise its very economical to get a used bike that's in great condition. The only possible exception I can think of is a 250, which are pretty close to retail value.

As for dropping the bike, don't be fooled your heart will still cringe dropping a used bike, especially if its well maintained and has no fairing scratches already existing.

+1

and I don't consider 03 - 05 model "old", coz most of the designs are still very sharp looking to me, and some of them even look better than the new ones. Technology wise, just like what bboySushi said.

I was going to make a new thread but thought I'd post here first.

On the track are older model bikes looked down upon due to their higher 0-60 times and lack of technology? (1990-2000 bikes) if I bring in my own bike for a 600cc race would the newer bikes have a HUGE advantage over me?

I was going to make a new thread but thought I'd post here first.

On the track are older model bikes looked down upon due to their higher 0-60 times and lack of technology? (1990-2000 bikes) if I bring in my own bike for a 600cc race would the newer bikes have a HUGE advantage over me?

they'd kick your ***, but not because of the tech...lol. Your questions are entertaining to read, they are very...uhm...rudimentary.

i could ask you the same thing. if you are broke, make more money so you can afford your toys.

dont get the misconception that i have the funds for any of my questions, thats insane. i'd have to be rapper rich to put into action all my questions. i'm merely doing research into something that i would want to get into in the future.

every question is a stupid question at some point or to some individuals but they have to be asked so the stupid question can be transformed into a stupid idea. than once completed, successfully or if failure arises, the idea can turn into a lesson learned or a successful story

A well maintained older bike will work just as well as a brand new bike for you. Unless you are competing (where the newer tech and fresh engine would be an advantage) it won't matter what you ride even if you get into trackdays.

I'd say save some money, buy a used bike, and spend the difference on proper gear.

i didnt say your questions were stupid, but you are already answering your own questions with every thread that you had started. you want a good, fast, sexy bike, go pull out a loan and buy yourself a brand new r6. or you can spend the rest of the summer posting the same threads worded differently. Canada, for better or worse, is one of those countries that assume young adults are able to make financially sound and safe decisions. If you wanna get laid, buy the bike. If you don't wanna end up in debt, do what your friend does.

i didnt say your questions were stupid, but you are already answering your own questions with every thread that you had started. you want a good, fast, sexy bike, go pull out a loan and buy yourself a brand new r6. or you can spend the rest of the summer posting the same threads worded differently. Canada, for better or worse, is one of those countries that assume young adults are able to make financially sound and safe decisions. If you wanna get laid, buy the bike. If you don't wanna end up in debt, do what your friend does.

ya i have a bad habit of asking questions i already know the answer too but i mainly do it to get oppinions, thoughts, or facts that would end up sparking up a discussion(hence the title of this sub forum). this way if someone is googleing my question they can come to this thread and they can get all or most of the info they need instead of hopping from site to site

if its annoying than pic related if not than cool, youre dealing with it like the members of other forums ive been too

backpain-1277406949.jpg

Girls are not attracted to bikes.
Girls are attracted to good looking guys with a personality, or if that fails then a guy with a lot of money.
If you have an expensive bike you better have a matching car because it will get old going out on a bike and messing their hair all the time or when it gets cold.

Quit thinking an appliance will get you girls and work on yourself.

Education, exercise, social skills. Buy an Infiniti or BMW and you're set.

The bike will get you girls mentality is what traps Hardley Ableson riders into having to maintain ex-stripper crackheads because that's all that is attracted to the "biker" lifestyle.

Sorry, can't help with the bike, because I buy New ones and customize THEM.

Darren, a recent study indicates that women gravitate to scowling guys, rather than smiling happy guys. Better luck to give up on the social skills, foster a generally bad attitude, AND buy an expensive car/Italian bike combo.

Sorry, can't help with the bike, because I buy New ones and customize THEM.

Darren, a recent study indicates that women gravitate to scowling guys, rather than smiling happy guys. Better luck to give up on the social skills, foster a generally bad attitude, AND buy an expensive car/Italian bike combo.

I'm scowling right now that I can't justify buying a new bike every year and I am getting no action from the wife while I scowl. IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!

Great looking bike by the way.

I'm scowling right now that I can't justify buying a new bike every year and I am getting no action from the wife while I scowl. IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!

It only works to GET them, not to KEEP them ;)

Girls are not attracted to bikes.
Girls are attracted to good looking guys with a personality, or if that fails then a guy with a lot of money.
If you have an expensive bike you better have a matching car because it will get old going out on a bike and messing their hair all the time or when it gets cold.

Quit thinking an appliance will get you girls and work on yourself.

Education, exercise, social skills. Buy an Infiniti or BMW and you're set.

The bike will get you girls mentality is what traps Hardley Ableson riders into having to maintain ex-stripper crackheads because that's all that is attracted to the "biker" lifestyle.

lol yes i know a bike gives you a slight advantage but me and my friend were just discussing

Are you talking OLD or USED? Used almost always makes more sense unless the prices are almost the same.

Something old can still look good. You just have to spend a bit of time cleaning and polishing it.

Then again, I drive a 23 year old car that myself and many others find very beautiful (that's pretty much the thing it does best... look pretty) but when I asked people on this forum about getting it many people said it looks "dated" and when I showed it to my college friends they just said, "Isn't it a little old?" I guess it's all personal taste but when I had a 2001 car instead of a 1987 I didn't have people stand on their porch giving me thumbs up, approaching me on the street telling me I have a gorgeous car, random guys downtown talking to me about how awesome it is, and neighbors coming to talk to me while I work on it. Although when I wrote off the 2001 car I did have a guy at the body shop express disappointment because it was in such good cosmetic shape (which was kind of ironic since I only washed it once in the 3 years I had it).

I have discovered a new love for older vehicles as of last year when I got the Porsche. You can get something very unique and interesting for only a few thousand instead of 10x that. Then if you crash it into something you don't care so much because it only cost you a few grand anyway. When you want something else unique and interesting you just sell it, barely lose anything because you barely paid anything for it, and buy something else old, unique, and interesting.

Last edited:

My gf just laughs at me when I'm scowly. She says it's "cute". Then I scowl more.

Agreed though that it doesn't help me get any action from her.

Back
Top Bottom