New Ninja 250R (my experiences with transporting the bike) | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Ninja 250R (my experiences with transporting the bike)

ah_long

I've recently purchased a Ninja 250R with my brother from a dealer in Tilbury called Hudson Motorcycles.

Some of you might've seen the ad on kijiji...
They were selling it for $4200 + tax (comes out to $4769.xx all in), brand new 2009 models w/ one year warranty

For those curious, they still have a blue and a red one

Because I haven't rode a motorcycle for 2+ years and my brother just got his M2, riding it back (332KMs one way, from dealer to my house) just isn't an option.

After getting advices and opinions from internet, rider's choice, and a special thanks to the really nice guy @ Markham Outdoor Power, we came up with a plan that worked really well.

We rented a cargo van from Discount ~ approximately $80 w/ underage surcharge and 3000kms included
Gas - $120
Straps - 4 ratchet straps from CDN tire $20, handle bar strap from Markham Outdoor Power $15

Basically, drive the van to the dealer, load the bike up with the dealer van and set the bike on its kick stand (Wheel chock is highly recommended but we managed without one), using the handle bar straps, secure the front. Secure the back portion of the bike (we used the metal frame that supports the passenger foot peg).

The bike came back to our house in safe and sound. Make sure you unload with a proper ramp, get plenty of helping hands (we used 3 persons in total).

So all in all, we got a great deal on the bike (saved at least $700 after factoring in all costs) and got the bike back safe and sound. Hopefully this helps anyone who wishes to take advantage of deals that are not in GTA.

Safe Riding.

web.jpg

I've recently purchased a Ninja 250R with my brother from a dealer in Tilbury called Hudson Motorcycles.

Some of you might've seen the ad on kijiji...
They were selling it for $4200 + tax (comes out to $4769.xx all in), brand new 2009 models w/ one year warranty

For those curious, they still have a blue and a red one

Because I haven't rode a motorcycle for 2+ years and my brother just got his M2, riding it back (332KMs one way, from dealer to my house) just isn't an option.

After getting advices and opinions from internet, rider's choice, and a special thanks to the really nice guy @ Markham Outdoor Power, we came up with a plan that worked really well.

We rented a cargo van from Discount ~ approximately $80 w/ underage surcharge and 3000kms included
Gas - $120
Straps - 4 ratchet straps from CDN tire $20, handle bar strap from Markham Outdoor Power $15

Basically, drive the van to the dealer, load the bike up with the dealer van and set the bike on its kick stand (Wheel chock is highly recommended but we managed without one), using the handle bar straps, secure the front. Secure the back portion of the bike (we used the metal frame that supports the passenger foot peg).

The bike came back to our house in safe and sound. Make sure you unload with a proper ramp, get plenty of helping hands (we used 3 persons in total).

So all in all, we got a great deal on the bike (saved at least $700 after factoring in all costs) and got the bike back safe and sound. Hopefully this helps anyone who wishes to take advantage of deals that are not in GTA.

Safe Riding.

I would've been happy to ride it to your house for you! :p

Seriously though, ride safe and congrats on the new bike!

Funny thing, I did the same thing just today.
Same place, same bike, same colour.

Different car rental place though.

Was pretty nervous about unloading it, used two 2 by 8's and the front brake while i backed it out. Also had one person on the other side and one at the back just incase. Went pretty smoothly :)

Funny thing, I did the same thing just today.
Same place, same bike, same colour.

Different car rental place though.

Was pretty nervous about unloading it, used two 2 by 8's and the front brake while i backed it out. Also had one person on the other side and one at the back just incase. Went pretty smoothly :)

what a kah winkydink

i cant seem to get rid of the blue faced guy haha

Back
Top Bottom