New Here; Building 2010 CBR600RR Track Bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Here; Building 2010 CBR600RR Track Bike

Thanks matt365, I could not get them to work (user error!). I ended up getting Clymer manual from Kindle. Something like $10. Perfect.

Yes i am going to do a track school for certain. Thanks for providing the links.

If bike sat for at least two years - should I remove the tank
to drain the fuel? Fuel is at 3/4 level. I am inclined to just suction it out and replace.

Syphon the fuel. Put it in your car.

Fresh stabilized fuel in the bike.

Fuel pump and injector rail are full of two year old gas. If you can start the bike and run it with the new stabilized fuel, that'd be good. If you can't? Dont worry about it. Its a Honda.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Excellent idea to use the fuel in my car (at least I think it is?). Bike started with old fuel. Much easier than removing the tank. I was concerned about risk of corrosion. Thanks for the reply.

New oil, and fuel. I drained the fuel using this product from amazon.ca. I was astonished at how well it worked. Cheap and worked very well.

Attachments

• 8FF5AA3C-B728-4906-B0AD-2EE02EB9EE63.png
    8FF5AA3C-B728-4906-B0AD-2EE02EB9EE63.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 16
Thanks matt365, I could not get them to work (user error!). I ended up getting Clymer manual from Kindle. Something like $10. Perfect.

Yes i am going to do a track school for certain. Thanks for providing the links.

If bike sat for at least two years - should I remove the tank
to drain the fuel? Fuel is at 3/4 level. I am inclined to just suction it out and replace.

What track school are thinking about and whats you riding experience . just curious

Still looking at track courses for someone who would be a beginner.
Racer5 takes students out on CBR125 for 3 days to get you comfortable and safe on the track. They split the groups up based on experience so if you're more timid you don't have to be worried about trying to keep up with the young gun ready to go full send.

Also if anyone happens to have a non-bent set of rims for an '08+ 600rr, let me know, been searching for months now.

Also if anyone happens to have a non-bent set of rims for an '08+ 600rr, let me know, been searching for months now.

I honestly wish you luck with that - it took me a while to find a front, and I almost caved and got one of these Vivid racing wheels, but they seemed too good to be true:

Would be nice if the seller stated which years they fit. Last I checked for the fronts, you can't just swap bearings because there aren't any with the correct ID/OD combination to convert 03-06 to 07+ axle and and vice-versa.

Would be nice if the seller stated which years they fit. Last I checked for the fronts, you can't just swap bearings because there aren't any with the correct ID/OD combination to convert 03-06 to 07+ axle and and vice-versa.
I have a set of magnesium Marvic wheels for my '05, and sadly can't use them on the '13. They're 10mm off from the front fitting.

I believe jayy states use oem oil filters because... aftermarket ones have been failing internally and/or leaking. yes to oem for reliability.
nice ride.
There are organizations in the states that have banned K&N. For such a small part of the overall bike, it's not worth the risk.

I've been using the HiFlo racing filters for my bikes.

There are organizations in the states that have banned K&N. For such a small part of the overall bike, it's not worth the risk.

I've been using the HiFlo racing filters for my bikes.

I also use HiFlo for my SXV's, mostly because they're the easiest to get. I've used Mobil1, Bosch, and Purolator for the Hawk and my cars, but I've used KN-153's exclusively for my 998 because the nut really helps to get the filter out of its recess.

The recalled K&N filters were a bad batch of a specific model back in 2016, which could have been compounded by the nut being used to over-tighten. In my opinion, simply banning all K&N filters was a cheap and easy way to prevent future lawsuits given the information available at the time. People don't seem to have the attention span they used to, and now it's become "K&N filters = BAD". I personally continue to use the KN-153 on my Ducati's without concern, but that's me - everyone should be comfortable on their bike since there's already so much to worry about. By the way, the HiFlo equivalent to the KN-153 (and probably others as well) also has a nut welded to the end, and they've had no problems. They look identical, and one may be the OEM for the other for all we know.

"Part Nos. KN-204 (black) and KN-204C (chrome), manufactured between March 1, 2016 and September 30, 2016 contain a defect related to motor vehicle safety."

"K&N has discovered that certain KN-204 and KN-204C oil filters manufactured between March 1, 2016 and September 30, 2016, can leak oil at the area where a nut (intended for use to remove the oil filter during routine oil changes) is welded to the end of the filter."

i have a cbr600rr track bike i just purchased. here is the list for some inspriation
- BMC Air Filter
- Akrapovic Full Titanium Exhaust
- Dynojet PCV
- Dynojet Ignition Module
- Dynojet Quickshifter (GP Shift)
- Dynojet Map Switch
- APE Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
- Woodcraft Stator Cover
- Woodcraft Clutch Cover Protector
- Samco Silicone Hoses w/ Samco Clamps
- Rad Guard
- Zeta Racing Magnetic Oil Drain Plug