New Daytona 660 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Daytona 660

95 hp nice.

Bet it will be raced as well.

Hmmm it’s heavier and doesn’t have cruise control like the Aprilia, but it’s also cheaper

Last edited:
Another middleweight where they saved three dollars by leaving off preload adjusters... stupid

Looks like soooooo many other bikes, but at least the pipe is less fugly.

Non adjustable suspension and heavy compared to aprilia or yamaha.
Someone accurately described it as a british ninja 650.

I’d be interested in comparing this vs a Kawi 400RR. The Kawi would need a flash to bump output to euro standards and void the warranty.

I’m sure the trumpet has it out gunned in either stock or flashed config but, I’d miss the sound of the previous Gen Daytona triple.

Calling it a Daytona is an insult to previous gen Daytonas. It took Triumph 18 years to make the bike heavier, uglier, lower on power, and include a crappier suspension. Not the progress I was hoping for. If they wanted a sport tourer, they should have just sold a fairing kit for the ST3.

Just realized its the same price as the base model 765 street triple(way lighter, way more power, better handling and brakes and it comes with a quickshifter as standard)...sheesh

Literally all I wanted from this bike was for it to have okay suspension. Looks good enough for me, I don't care that it only has 90-ish hp, I think it's pretty hard for Triumph to screw up a triple these days, the Daytona "brand" has been inconsistent enough over the years that I certainly don't consider it sacrosanct.

I don't care that adjustable suspension is rare in this "class". It's stupid to not have adjustable preload on basically anything but the cheapest bikes, but especially "sporty" bikes. It is a trivial feature to design into the bike but non-trivial for the aftermarket to add! And upgrading forks is $$$

Literally all I wanted from this bike was for it to have okay suspension. Looks good enough for me, I don't care that it only has 90-ish hp, I think it's pretty hard for Triumph to screw up a triple these days, the Daytona "brand" has been inconsistent enough over the years that I certainly don't consider it sacrosanct.

I don't care that adjustable suspension is rare in this "class". It's stupid to not have adjustable preload on basically anything but the cheapest bikes, but especially "sporty" bikes. It is a trivial feature to design into the bike but non-trivial for the aftermarket to add! And upgrading forks is $$$
I have to disagree here. Just about every track or race bike has a suspension that's been upgraded no matter how good it came from the factory. I understand that to make a bike marketable some performance corners need to be cut. If the bike comes with crap tires, a heavy and restrictive exhaust, and even a mediocre suspension (as long as it can be upgraded), then that's fine with me as long as the company invests in good components that are virtually impossible to upgrade on a budget. Things like not using a crappy heavy steel frame, or swingarm. An engine that's so far down on power relative to previous iterations that it's almost unrecognizable. These are the core parts that should be great from the factory.

Things like not using a crappy heavy steel frame, or swingarm
Oh... I missed that. This bike is a little different than I thought it was then.

Although the Daytona 1200 had a steel frame! (swingarm wasn't steel though). AND ADJUSTABLE FORKS

I dig it! It's a good compromise I think, I'm looking for a daily sports bike that I can actually make use of. It's not another p-twin, makes good useable power, looks pretty decent, very reasonable price point, good ergos, and just enough features.

I'm 99.9% certain I'll get one, just debating whether to pony up for a brand new one, or wait until one of those "I thought it'll be like a 765 Daytona" people to sell theirs.

Back
Top Bottom