New clutch | GTAMotorcycle.com

New clutch

rakkaus

Hi, I just finished changing a new clutch and was wondering if it is normal. When the bike is in neutral I can freely spin the back wheel but when I'm in gear with the clutch lever fully pressed(disengaged), I still can move the back wheel but not as easy as when it's in neutral. Is this normal or did I do something wrong when I changed the new clutch?

Normal.

There is going to be some clutch drag when in gear because the rear wheel is turning both the gearbox input and output shafts, as opposed to only the output shaft when you're in neutral.

Now if the rear wheel keeps moving and the bike creeps forward when the clutch is pulled in, then *that's* a problem!

Normal.

There is going to be some clutch drag when in gear because the rear wheel is turning both the gearbox input and output shafts, as opposed to only the output shaft when you're in neutral.

Now if the rear wheel keeps moving and the bike creeps forward when the clutch is pulled in, then *that's* a problem!
thank you ? .

also, cold oil is thicker will have some drag, You did soak the fibers in oil, right?

Throw it on the centre stand or raise the rear wheel, start engine, put in gear, how much force does it take to make the clutch break free? If you can't stop it with the rear brake easy you have a problem.

put in gear, how much force does it take to make the clutch break free?
how can i do this? using rear brake or clutch lever?

im in the process of value adjustment so it probably a while til i can start it.
this year the bike gets so much love from me :D
image.jpg

Throw it on the centre stand or raise the rear wheel, start engine, put in gear, how much force does it take to make the clutch break free? If you can't stop it with the rear brake easy you have a problem.
I don't understand this one trials. Try explaining differently.

As for OP, with the rear wheel in the air, engine running, in gear, clutch lever pulled in, I expect the rear wheel to spin but it should be easy to stop with your hand or brake (a few pounds of force).

I don't understand this one trials. Try explaining differently.

As for OP, with the rear wheel in the air, engine running, in gear, clutch lever pulled in, I expect the rear wheel to spin but it should be easy to stop with your hand or brake (a few pounds of force).
with the bike in gear and clutch pulled in i can spin the rear wheel by hand atm

Back
Top Bottom