need assistance exporting google maps to garmin for monday ride (anyone can join) | GTAMotorcycle.com

need assistance exporting google maps to garmin for monday ride (anyone can join)

No idea how to help you with the gps but I did pretty much the same ride last Sunday. Be really careful on 60 leaving the park they had torn up several kilometers of pavement from the West gate to the next town (can't remember the name).

Give Tyre a shot, I've used it for my nuvi 550 in the past. It has way better Google Maps integration than other software, and you don't need to deal with MapSource (I don't think I even got a license for it with my nuvi)

You can either build the route you made inside of Tyre, or you could use the Import from website feature (it's located on the main window). I gave it a shot on your route and it worked aside from the final leg home back to Sandown Ave from ON-518 W, but you just add it in.

Steps:

1. Open Tyre, and from the main window choose File -> Import from website
  2. In the new window, put in the URL of your Google Maps map, hit enter and wait for the page to load
  3. Once the page has completely loaded, hit Import and wait for it to finish
  4. Choose Show Route (leftmost Globe icon, or Waypoint -> Show Route, or CTRL+R)
  5. Review the route, if it's missing points (e.g., the last leg), use the Search field to add it in (In this case, type in Sandown Ave, choose "Add to Itinerary" from the point that appears)
  6. Hit the green checkmark in the right corner when satisfied
  7. Back at the main screen, click the Copy To Garmin button (left of the purple pushpin), or Garmin -> Copy to Garmin

It sounds like a lot, but it'll go pretty quickly after the first time you do it.

Back
Top Bottom