Need affordable clothing for dirt/road use | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need affordable clothing for dirt/road use

Royal Distributing allways has a good selection on the sales rack.

Royal distributing is good. I do have some stuff I havent worn yet, still with tags on but its blue and white "yamaha" stuff if your interested. - Pants, shirt, gloves.

*RodneyBR, what bike did you end up going with...

Cool, I'm about 5.7', medium build, size 9 boot, 34 waist.

Well, I have a 2006 Yamaha TW200 bike on hold. My wife is also interested in riding, so I had to get a tame bike that wasn't to high. And I believe the TW200 offers fun, but won't get away from you. Once we get comfortable with this bike, we'll move up from there. I'm also considering getting the M1 and doing the M2 course later this year.

Royal distributing is good. I do have some stuff I havent worn yet, still with tags on but its blue and white "yamaha" stuff if your interested. - Pants, shirt, gloves.

*RodneyBR, what bike did you end up going with...

Last edited:
You're about the same 'spec' as me and having recently gone through the same process of looking for affordable gear, I'd have to agree with everyone here. Royal definitely has good pricing. I'd also recommend GP Bikes in Whitby. I went there to use a groupon last weekend and ended up buying more than I planned...a LOT of dirt gear selection, decent prices and the customer service was top notch from everyone I encountered.

Cool, I'm about 5.7', medium build, size 9 boot, 34 waist.

Well, I have a 2006 Yamaha TW200 bike on hold. My wife is also interested in riding, so I had to get a tame bike that wasn't to high. And I believe the TW200 offers fun, but won't get away from you. Once we get comfortable with this bike, we'll move up from there. I'm also considering getting the M1 and doing the M2 course later this year.

A little patience and Craigslist have worked well for us. Wife and I have bought quite a few jackets, gloves on bulletin boards. I bought a decent Joe Rocket jacket last Fall for $60, like new but with bug guts.

i generally use motorcycle-superstore.com . returns are easy. shipping is cheap or free. but i live in niagara falls and ship everything to new york.

Sometimes you can find deals on Kijiji if you haven't already looked there.

i picked up a jersey, pants and gloves for 50 bucks at the last royal tent sale, then i trashed them in my first ride on the go kart track GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Moto-x gear is over rated and if you don't care what you look like a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt is going to offer almost the same protection as expensive gear. Use the money to buy nicer boots/goggles. Get full gear when you find some for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom