Mountie under investigation after motorcycle stunt | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mountie under investigation after motorcycle stunt

Blackfin

Site Supporter
I don't see much of an issue. It was a controlled stunt at a show. They occasionally go bad in the best of times. If the Mounties don't want to show off their skills, perhaps we should get rid of the musical ride too. People are overreacting.

No big deal. The chap was dispatched there, he was likely authorized to join the rodeo. It went bad, looks bad, if it were one of us doing the stunt-fail I'd probably collect 50 Youtube hits.

Slap him on the wrist and let it go.

He chose poorly.

He chose poorly.
And I doubt he had the expertise to pull off the stunt. Hands off the bars for the cowboy salute, using the opponents tire for resistance instead of a front brake. I've seen some skilled police riders (and snowmobilers and boat pilots), also seen my fare share of hacks. This guy is guilty of overestimating his skills, I guess in the eyes of his supervisor that was "poor judgement".

Burnouts are for burnouts anyway, it's not even a stunt it's just a complete waste of machinery.

No big deal. The chap was dispatched there, he was likely authorized to join the rodeo. It went bad, looks bad, if it were one of us doing the stunt-fail I'd probably collect 50 Youtube hits.

Slap him on the wrist and let it go.
Was he though? He may have been dispatched as an authority at the show but the news clips make it sound like he acted without authorization from the rcmp.

I agree with you it's really no big deal but I'm wondering if he decided to join in on his own accord or if he was authorized to participate and now they are throwing him under the bus because of the end result.

Didn't read the article, but if there was damage to his vehicle or any others due to the accident then that could simply be the norm.

Be cautious with media spin, it's there to gain views.

Idiot. Trusted with police equipment and abused it. Placed himself and the RCMP in a position of liability.
Boy needs to be policing a little further north. See if he can treat his sled dog team any better ! ;)

Should be charged with incompetence for such a weak burnout. I’ve seen CBR125’s throw more smoke than that hog.

Biggest crime here is not pulling in the clutch when things went south. Like WTF? You'd think that would be an instinct.

Meh. I agree with the community outreach thing. Fix the bike and slap on the wrist at worst - the guys pride being completely destroyed in front of an audience like that was probably all the punishment needed.

But yes, it appears he didn't have the skill needed for that sort of thing - yanking the clutch in at the second things started to go south would have avoided it all.

Back
Top Bottom