Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in a Collision in Whitby | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in a Collision in Whitby

klr_guy

Site Supporter
"A 48-year-old male from Ajax suffered serious, life-threatening injuries after his motorcycle struck a van at the intersection of Rossland Road East and Anderson Street in Whitby.
On Thursday, April 24, 2014 at approximately 4:10 p.m., officers from Central West Division were dispatched to the intersection of Rossland Road East and Anderson Street after a motorcycle and Toyota van collided. The motorcyclist was operating his Harley Davidson motorcycle westbound on Rossland Road East in the centre lane. As the motorcycle entered the intersection at Anderson Street, it struck the rear passenger side of a Toyota van being operated by a 61-year-old male from Whitby. At the time of the collision the Toyota van was turning northbound onto Anderson Street from Rossland Road East.

The motorcyclist was transported to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries. He was then transferred to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto where he remains in serious but stable condition. The two occupants of the Toyota van suffered no physical injuries in the collision.

The DRPS Collision Investigation Unit attended the scene. The roadway was closed for several hours while police collected evidence in relation to the incident. Police have determined that alcohol may have been a factor in the collision. The collison is still under investigation and charges are pending.

Any member of the public who may have witnessed this incident and has not already spoken to police is requested to contact D/Cst. Dave Ashfield of the Collision Investigation Unit at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5226 or to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477."

Gws

Darn...get well soon rider. From reading description, left hand turn in-front of a motorcycle going straight? I wonder who the police suspect was drinking? Scary stuff. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery!

Darn...get well soon rider. From reading description, left hand turn in-front of a motorcycle going straight? I wonder who the police suspect was drinking? Scary stuff. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery!

Yes that's what it would seem. GWS.

Gws rider. It's a wide open intersection with great visibility. WE ARE INVISIBLE. To close to home. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Back
Top Bottom